need a couple quick answers before my first trip to SW next sunday!

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
A couple simple questions for all you experts out there!

1. how does rain effect the park? I can figure out that kraken might not run, but does anything else shut down? is there an operations difference between when it rains and when there is thunderstorms?

2. can you bring food fromt he foodstands into the stadium to eat while you wait for a show to begin? one idea I had was to get some fast food and then bring it into shamu to eat before the show - is this allowed?

thanks in advance for the help!

How does rain affect the park?

Barry, you and I know this, right?

It rained almost everytime we went to Seaworld in August. JTA closes as well! Kraken closes. Then you are walking outside a lot.... The exhibits are inside, but they do get crowded.

As for fast food, well, what do you mean? By the time you get out to the car, drive, repark, walk over, that's a lot of walking...

Back in August they were checking backpacks, I'm sure they still are.

As a nice alternative, you could go to the Hospitality Center, and get some nice sandwiches, free beer, and all that.!!

It also depends on what the weather center is saying about the rain. If there are any thunderstorms in the area they will close Kraken and Journey. If it is only rain and not a real hard one they will keep it open. I've done Kraken numerous times in the rain.

They sell loaded nachos etc outside the stadium and I've seen plenty of people eating them in the stadium waiting for the show. One of the nice things about SW is that it's nice to take your time and enjoy the park. The seating area by the smokehouse is really quite nice to sit out and eat, if possible I'd try to take the 10 minutes and enjoy your food in an area with a table etc, IMHO eating much more than the nachos off your lap is really not worth the saved 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter