Need Help adding a person

cruise help

Earning My Ears
My family and I booked 4 rooms on a disney cruise on the Feb. 21 sailing to the bahamas. There are 12 of us sailing on the ship including a 6 month old baby. At the time of booking my brother in law was recovering from surgery and was told he could not make the trip, But I did ask the lady I booked with if it was possible to add him after. They said yes just call if he was cleared. Well last week he was cleared and I called, and thats where things went wrong. I was told due to are category we booked we could not add anyone to our reservation, I was then told they would add him for $1900 (more than our original booking) or book him his own room for $900 even though he would never sleep in it. I asked why he could not sleep with his wife and the 6 month old as the baby can not sleep by itself and they said there policy is everyone pays for a bed, no exceptions. The kids do not want to be apart from there dad as he recently recovered, does anyone know if I have any options? is there another family out there with room in there cabin they could add him he would stay with his own family which Disney is fine with as long as he pays for his own room. Great way to treat sick people, disney has always been so great they just seem very inflexible on the cruise ship. I am on a tight budget as I am paying for the whole trip to celebrate my fathers 65th birthday and my own life and spend some time with my family. Anyone offer and advice? Thank You in advance for your help

I think your problem may be that there are no more spaces in the assigned lifeboat for your BIL. They cannot add on people, even if the stateroom allows it, if the lifeboat is full.
And I don't think that your plan that "someone else" sailing might add your BIL to their stateroom will work. He will be assigned to their table, be on their bill aso.

What you can try is .......
call them and ask if they have another stateroom you can upgrade your existing stateroom to, including your BIL. I am sure if you explain the situation they will work with you, but they cannot add someone if they already have the max people for a muster station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter