Need help deciding where to stay after Disneyland...San diego and Legoland?????.

I think that Legoland is marginal for kids at those ages, especially after Disneyland.

We took ours (at around 9-10) to San Diego, and they enjoyed Seaworld and the Zoo.

I would prioritise the older child's preferences over the 1 year old's ....after all, they can't sleep in a stroller! :) Why not let them check out Legoland online first. My kids went to legoland in the UK and found it very tame, even as lego fans. (Space mountain just ruins kids!:rotfl:) if it doesn't appeal, well that simplifies accommodation.

As for the overall two hitD LR plan...well, if you like it, then why not? My only thought would be to factor in some non theme park time, like the beach.

We are doing a similar albeit shorter trip. We're spending 5 nights at GCH (only 3 days at DLR as we want to see the area as well), then heading south for Legoland. DS is a Lego nut, and sometimes I think he's more excited about LL than DLR.

A good friend of mine is a former Marine and resident of the area, and she recommended the Coronado, as well as the La Jolla area. We were going to stay at the Lodge at Torrey Pines before we chose the GCH. We're now staying at the Hilton Torrey Pines, which is right next door to the Lodge. The only thing between the hotel and the beach is a super nice golf course, so there are ocean views available. We didn't set out to stay at a Hilton, but it just ended up this way! We also considered the Estancia as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter