Need help finding an OLD, magical trip report

Tara

Bad Influence
I hope this is okay to post here...

I am looking for an older trip report - early 2000s, though I don't remember exactly when. Here's what I remember about the report:

• It was long :)
  • I think the writer was a DVC member.
  • The family was staying at BWV.
  • It was an extended family trip with in-laws (not sure if it was writer's sibling and family or the husband's sibling and family, but I know there was a BIL along).
  • It was the first time I remember reading the idea of using individual bags of Doritos as a "bowl" for taco salad.
  • I remember the TR writer was a woman. I want to say her name was Carol, but I could be totally misremembering that!
  • I remember there were ups and downs - plans not working out, people being crabby, arguments - at one point the TR writer was sitting in the closet crying. :(
  • I think one of the kids got an ear infection or serious swimmer's ear.

Does ANY of this sound familiar? I *loved* this trip report and would love to read it again...if I could only find it!

ETA: I found it!! I didn't realize there was an archived board, but once I found it, I used the site:web address function and added 'doritos closet trip report' to the search and...voila...there it was!! The poster was Cindy (not Carol, but that's kind of close ;)) aka gopherit. The report is here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=633355 for those who remember it and would like to relive it. Cindy, if you're still out there - THANKS again for posting such a wonderful, REAL report!

I hope this is okay to post here...

I am looking for an older trip report - early 2000s, though I don't remember exactly when. Here's what I remember about the report:

• It was long :)
  • I think the writer was a DVC member.
  • The family was staying at BWV.
  • It was an extended family trip with in-laws (not sure if it was writer's sibling and family or the husband's sibling and family, but I know there was a BIL along).
  • It was the first time I remember reading the idea of using individual bags of Doritos as a "bowl" for taco salad.
  • I remember the TR writer was a woman. I want to say her name was Carol, but I could be totally misremembering that!
  • I remember there were ups and downs - plans not working out, people being crabby, arguments - at one point the TR writer was sitting in the closet crying. :(
  • I think one of the kids got an ear infection or serious swimmer's ear.

Does ANY of this sound familiar? I *loved* this trip report and would love to read it again...if I could only find it!

ETA: I found it!! I didn't realize there was an archived board, but once I found it, I used the site:web address function and added 'doritos closet trip report' to the search and...voila...there it was!! The poster was Cindy (not Carol, but that's kind of close ;)) aka gopherit. The report is here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=633355 for those who remember it and would like to relive it. Cindy, if you're still out there - THANKS again for posting such a wonderful, REAL report!
I don't get back to this board very often - obviously, since your post is 10 yrs old - but if YOU are also "still out there", gee, thanks SO much for this! :) You made this Gopher's day!

Hi, I just stumbled on this thread and when I click on the link to the TR provided, it takes me to the last page of the report (I think it's Day 13), but it won't access it from the beginning....so sad. With all the rave reviews, I would love to read it all!!!!! Is anyone able to provide the whole thing?

Coming back to say that I am on Day 9 of the TR and am just loving it all.
Wow, Cindy is an AMAZING writer, so real and funny. I'm hoping that at a future point, some pictures will crop up, I'd love to put some images to the names I've gotten to know so well ;---)
Thank you again to HumblePie for providing this link - it's time well spent to read this wonderful report!!!! Cindy, if you are out there, you ROCK, you are hilarious and you are giving me some joy on this Friday
:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!