Need Help Planning a Trip with Young Children

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
My DNiece is planning a WDW trip with her family (DH, DD3, DD1, DS1) for this year. She is interested in using some of our DVC points, and I have some questions. Judging from the ages of the kids, are 5 people allowed in an AKV studio or an OKW studio? If so, would there be a pack and play in a studio? Also, which resort would you recommend? I'm thinking AKV Kidani since they are larger than Jambo House and have the kiddie water play area. They would also be able to close up the pull-out couch during the day for some more room. But I also know that OKW studios are very large. I realize a 1-BR would be ideal, but they are trying to stick to a budget. They will have a car.

Yes, any studio can sleep 4 + an infant under 3. (Although I would avoid the smaller BLT and the smaller value category studios at AKV with that group)
All studios have a pack n play (I used to bring my own pack-n-play sheet)

OKW studios have 2 (rather high pillowtop) queen beds, which would make me uncomfortable wih those little ones. You can request portable bed rails, but I prefer the sleeper sofa in the other studios for young ones.

So yes I would prefer Kidani from your choices.

Personally, I prefer Jambo studios because they are closer to restaurants (no breakfast in Kidani). Ive done a pack n play in Jambo and was fine.
But as you mentioned, Kidani has a better pool area (although there is a basic kiddie pool at Jambo and that main pool has a large zero entry area) slightly larger rooms, and can have better savannah views from lower floors.

You may also want to consider BWV. If they have a stroller, it is much, much easier rolling a stroller onto a boat to EPCOT and DHS vs folding it up on a bus to every park.

Kidani studios are a nice size and I think would work. If I read correctl there are two 1 year olds, so you would need to pack n plays, they should be able to request a second one from housekeeping with no problem.

Yes, any studio can sleep 4 + an infant under 3. (Although I would avoid the smaller BLT and the smaller value category studios at AKV with that group)
All studios have a pack n play (I used to bring my own pack-n-play sheet)

OKW studios have 2 (rather high pillowtop) queen beds, which would make me uncomfortable wih those little ones. You can request portable bed rails, but I prefer the sleeper sofa in the other studios for young ones.

So yes I would prefer Kidani from your choices.

Personally, I prefer Jambo studios because they are closer to restaurants (no breakfast in Kidani). Ive done a pack n play in Jambo and was fine.
But as you mentioned, Kidani has a better pool area (although there is a basic kiddie pool at Jambo and that main pool has a large zero entry area) slightly larger rooms, and can have better savannah views from lower floors.

You may also want to consider BWV. If they have a stroller, it is much, much easier rolling a stroller onto a boat to EPCOT and DHS vs folding it up on a bus to every park.

Thanks. I never thought about the tall OKW beds, but I know what you are talking about. I just thought it might be nice to have two actual beds, but the more I think about it, the more I think a pull-out sofa would be better so they would have more room during their afternoon resort breaks. Would a Kidani studio have enough room for two pack and plays?

I hadn't thought about BWV, but you're right about the stroller. Of course, when they go to AK or MK (which will be 3 out of 5 park days), this won't be an advantage. They will have a car, and I really recommended using it. Kidani will make that nice due to the underground parking.

Kidani studios are a nice size and I think would work. If I read correctl there are two 1 year olds, so you would need to pack n plays, they should be able to request a second one from housekeeping with no problem.

Yes, there are 1-year-old twins. That's good to know about the pack and plays. They will be driving though, so they could possibly pack one if they need to.

Yes, if they plan to drive to parks, there is no better parking in WDW than Kidani ;) (covered from the Fla sun and rain) I'm in the minority, but I'd rather bring a stroller on a bus than a tram (driving)

I have only stayed in a Jambo studio. We were able to setup our PnP in a spot that let us have it open all day and it didn't mess with the flow of the room. I'd imagine a 2nd would be possible, but might have to take it down every day. They say Kidani studios are roomier so that may help.

We did both with three little ones and loved both for different reasons. In your scenario, I would chose AKL because of the big beds at OKW and the pool at Kidani has a water play area and a zero entry area. If you taking driving your own car out of the equation, I change my answer to OKW. Not a fan of the buses from the AKV area.

Yes, there are 1-year-old twins. That's good to know about the pack and plays. They will be driving though, so they could possibly pack one if they need to.

I don't think there's any need to haul a pack n play, there really should be no problem getting two while there. We had twin grandsons (1 year at the time) last February and 2 pack n plays were no problem. One less thing to haul.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter