Need help, two 17 y/o boys and arrival gift bag ideas

jagafen

Wine drinker, family CEO/CFO, uber planner
I'm a bit stumped here folks. For the first time ever, I'm taking full blown teens to Disney. We haven't been since 2012 (DS was a Disney kid and still into fun stuff), and at that time, I could still find little Disney themed surprises for him to arrange a little post-arrival gift stash for him. When he was really little and still believed in all things magical, Tinkerbell would leave him a note and a stuffed friend to find in the room when we got back each night. I kinda miss those innocent days.

Now, I have a teen boy, who is bringing his best friend with us this summer. It's nice because they'll be able to bum around together, and DH and I can have some quality time together, and we'll make them meet us for dinner each night so that we can make sure they're still alive.

I was walking in target yesterday, and saw bags similar to the one below in the Dollar Spot. I got the braniac idea that I can do gift bags for the boys for arrival day for them to come back to after we've checked in. I bought some bags of candy for them, and the requisite gum that's needed for the parks, but beyond that, I"m a bit stumped. It's not like they're little. Also, we're staying Club Level, so there isn't a ton of need for snacks and drinks. I should also mention that the friend has a peanut allergy, so there's that.

I've picked up:
Gummy fruity candy
Gummy Sour candy
Mints
Gum
Jolly Ranchers

Any other ideas? I want to stay away from things like Gift cards, since both of the boys have jobs and are mostly footing their own souvenir budget.

If they are Star Wars fans, perhaps a tee shirt to help them "Disney Bound" to HS / Batuua

Maybe fun Disney or Star Wars socks - my son and his friends are into the crazy socks (so are my teenage nieces)

- Disney bandaids (useful and theme appropriate)
- tshirt or hat
- water bottle
- sunscreen (doesn't have to be thematic here, just seeing my kid forgetting that)
- lightsaber pens or pencils
- handheld fans or misting fans depending on when you are going
- hand sanitizer

If they are Star Wars fans, perhaps a tee shirt to help them "Disney Bound" to HS / Batuua

Already got everyone a T for "playing my mom card and making everyone wear matching Ts on one day" Billy got his for Christmas along with a groot lanyard for Universal!

Maybe fun Disney or Star Wars socks - my son and his friends are into the crazy socks (so are my teenage nieces)

You'd think this would be perfect...but my kid won't wear "tall socks", Maybe I an find some SW themed no shows...

- Disney bandaids (useful and theme appropriate)
- tshirt or hat
- water bottle
- sunscreen (doesn't have to be thematic here, just seeing my kid forgetting that)
- lightsaber pens or pencils
- handheld fans or misting fans depending on when you are going
- hand sanitizer

I was planning on grabbing extra travel sized sunscreens anyway (lighter to carry). I could throw those in. Might check the dollar store to see if they have themed sanitizer.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming!

Yes!! My DS21 is into socks big time!!! Mine like string bags, refillable water bottle, maybe some flavor pouches for the water, even a lanyard and a few pins, but DS has mostly grown out of that and handed them down to his little brother. Ball caps are always good too!!! You may be surprised, when DS was 18 he took his girlfriend and they stuck with us all week, (because he knows that mom knows how to “do Disney” best) you may not get that alone time with DH!!!!

Look what I just snagged on Ebay! $10 shipped, set of 6 with sanitizer...that'll leave two to "give away" in the parks!

Attachments

• hand sanitizer.jpg
    hand sanitizer.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 17

Don't forget "lip stuff" spf 50. My bottom lip burns really easy, so I always have one! No you can't use sunscreen, it tastes funny! :sunny:8-)
Cooling towels (depending on when you are going)
Stickers for the water bottles. (I give away swag when I teach adult technology classes, they all want the stickers!) 🤷‍♀️

I've picked up:
Gummy fruity candy
Gummy Sour candy
Mints
Gum
Jolly Ranchers
pop rocks
twizzlers
cotton candy
Mini nilla wafers
Rice Krispie treats
baseball caps
mini misting fans
Superhero hand sanitizer
Extra travel sized sunblock
TRAVEL AXE BODY SPRAY....how could I forget? 2 stinky teen boys in the parks?
Star wars themed phone chargers for everyone in our party (I love Ebay!)
Maching Marvel PJ pants
Matching HP PJ pants

Just quoting myself so that I can keep track of the stuff I've picked up. Yes, their teeth will rot out. We have dental 😝

Last edited:
I've picked up:
Gummy fruity candy
Gummy Sour candy
Mints
Gum
Jolly Ranchers
pop rocks
twizzlers
Mini nilla wafers
Rice Krispie treats
baseball caps
mini misting fans
Superhero hand sanitizer
Star wars/Superhero themed phone chargers (picked them up so I could make sure the other kid had one)
Extra travel sized sunblock

Just quoting myself so that I can keep track of the stuff I've picked up. Yes, their teeth will rot out. We have dental 😝 It's a 9 day trip, so that should satisfy any sweet tooth cravings while waiting in lines!!

Last edited:
I know you said no Gift cards because they are paying out of their pocket - but I would think that is all the more reason they would love a GC....
To save how much of their own money they are spending... I never knew anyone who didn't like to save money 🤑

I also thought about Money Clips … could get Disney ones or get one engraved...

Also- Do they have a fun Magic Band already? IF so - you could get some accessories to go on the one they have?

Also- Do they have a fun Magic Band already? IF so - you could get some accessories to go on the one they have?

One of the boys has a Buzz Lightyear MB. I've already purchased decals for the mickey heads, as well as "magic band buddies" from Etsy (character holders for the center puck), which will be worn on lanyards while in the parks.

I get what you're saying about the giftcards, I really do. Part of the reason I"m "against" it is because I really, really want my son, especially, to get a real world understanding of how expensive things are. Trust me, if he really wants it, he'll have no problems spending his money on it. With taking a friend with us this time, I"m trying to curtail the in park "extras". We have no issues associated with the costs associated with him bringing a friend, but as his parents, we want him to foot his bill for souvenirs if we're paying for literally everything else. He has a decent job for a kid his age (they both do), and he can afford a splurge or two if it's worth it to him.

Attachments

• Alex MBB.jpg
    Alex MBB.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 3
  • Billy MBB.jpg
    Billy MBB.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Jen MBB.jpg
    Jen MBB.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Marc MBB.jpg
    Marc MBB.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3
I get what you're saying about the giftcards, I really do. Part of the reason I"m "against" it is because I really, really want my son, especially, to get a real world understanding of how expensive things are. Trust me, if he really wants it, he'll have no problems spending his money on it. With taking a friend with us this time, I"m trying to curtail the in park "extras". We have no issues associated with the costs associated with him bringing a friend, but as his parents, we want him to foot his bill for souvenirs if we're paying for literally everything else. He has a decent job for a kid his age (they both do), and he can afford a splurge or two if it's worth it to him.

Gotcha! Makes perfect sense to me :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter