Need help with check-in

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
We will be ten adults and 3 children all arriving at different times and on two different days at OKW. I am the DVC owner. Right now the ressies are all in my name. Do I add all the others to the ressie so they can check in without me? DH and I will be there early and hoped to get to Epcot and didn't want to hang around waiting for the others.But if their names are not on the ressie can they check in? Also, we all have Park hopper plus with days and options remaining but need to buy additional days. Can I buy new hoppers before I leave, give them to the others as well as the passes with the unexpired days and have them combined on their room keys? I hope this is not too confusing. I am trying to make it easy on everyone.
Thanks for any and all help.

I assume you either have a GV or a 2 bedroom and several studios. If you are all in a GV, you would check in and receive all the keys at once. If you are in other size units, you would put their names on the ressies so they could check in to their seperate units.

As to the passes, I have not done that before. When we have had park hoppers for our guests (some with unexpired days), they have exchanged them for new hoppers by adding the days we needed, but I think they kept the paper tickets. I really can't quite remember how that worked. We always have AP's, so don't pay too much attention to how the ticket thing works except to buy LOS for our guests.

We just recently did something like this. The reservation was in my name only, but I did send a copy of the confirmation letter to my BIL and his wife, so they would haveit when they arrive (just in case).

My DH and I checked into our 2 bedroom around 11am (room was actually ready!!). We told the person at the front desk that the other party (my BIL and his wife in the studio part of the room) would not be in until 11pm that night.

All of the keys were made when we checked in, along with our parking pass and their parking pass. Then we left their 2 keys and their parking pass at the front desk (they had a special envelope to put them in), and told my BIL to check in at the front desk when they arrived.

All should have gone smoothly, except the person who helped us out in the mroning didn't make a note someplace (not sure if it should have been in the computer or someplace else) that the keys and parking pass were already printed out and waiting.

My BIL called our room, and I told the front desk that we'd already taken care of things, the front desk found the keys and parking pass, and gave it to them.

I'm not 100% certain about your pass question - if I had to guess, I would guess that they could put the NEW passes on the keys as you check in, but perhaps not the old ones? Again, not really sure since we never put the passes on our room keys.

Hope this helps!!

I just thought of something else. When you make your ressie, they usually ask for the names of the persons in the room. Last year, one of our guests arrived in the morning and we did not arrive until mid afternoon. This was a young person who had no transportation. He went to the desk and explained the situation, they looked on the ressie and saw his name and checked him in for all of us at 9 A.M.! Imagine our surprise when we got there and found he had everything done already!

We have had a GV and left the keys at the front desk for those checking in late. We, too, didn't want to be stuck waiting. We had all names listed so that there was no problem with late arrivals.

Thanks for all the input. I think I'll call and add names to the ressies. We have two 2Br. I wasn't asked for names when I made the ressies just numbers, how many in each room. I think everyone would prefer to have the passes on their room keys. The left-over days are on the old kroom keys. I hope that won't be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter