need more room

andersonsc

Mouseketeer
We booked a 1 bedroom at Grand Californian for this summer for 3 of us. Now 2 of my adult children have returned home unexpectedly so we'd like a bigger or a 2nd room to accommodate them. Of course there is nothing available at Grand California as far as DVC goes. How does getting a room at the other on site hotels work with having a DVC membership? Can't I get a discount or something? Thanks for any advice.

No, there are no DVC cash discounts at non DVC resorts. That's only at DVC resorts if there's availability but I've never run across anyone reporting getting VGC rooms on cash. Disneyland often has room discounts though so I'd keep an eye out for an offering on the Disneyland website.

The other option is to trade into a DL hotel via the Disney collection with your DVC points as long as they are qualified. That option can be expensive though compared to paying cash for a room and there isn't always availability to make a trade. The point charts to do that trade are on the member website.

Or they might just rent a hotel room at a non-Disney hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts