Need opinions on offsite suites, villas...etc....big enough for 5 folks....

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
Hi all,

I need some feedback about any place offsite that is big enough for 5 (preferably 2 bedrooms) and has cooking facilities...etc. We would like something of course close to Disney but we are not all willing to stay in a Disney room for our entire stay (too cramped).

Can anyone recommend anything? tell me about your experiences...?

I have previously stayed at the HIFS and ES/LBV....so any others would be great!

Thanks!

http://www.discounthotelsorlando.com/Orlando/Hotels/forsheratonvistanavillages.htm

We are a family of 6 and these villas are great, full kitchen 2 seperate bedrooms, 1225 SQUARE FEET! Check them out ! Reservations through hotelkingdom.com are lots less than reserving through the hotel. Currrently 1 bedroom villa is 80 and 2 bedroom is 105. This is a great deal! check the website these rooms are much larger than H.I.F.S. :p

When I tried to book through the Sheraton website the rates were 250-300!

Have you considered renting a vacation home? I'm renting an incredible one for our January trip and paying WAY less than I would for a hotel. There are great deals on www.vrbo.com

I also suggest a vacation home. The only downside is no maid service every day unless you are willing to pay for it. You can get 2 bedroom homes starting at $89 per night with a pool.

If you want a spacious house/villa with private pool, there are many that are well-priced. Just ask about the specific location when you book. Do a search of these forums for references... Premier Homes is one. Maybe others can make more suggestions.

We prefer more of a resort atmosphere with large outdoor heated pools and some kid's activities. So timeshare villas with at least 2BR's, which sleep 8 people, are best for us. The closest, nice ones to Disney are:

Lake Buena Vista area, near Downtown Disney:
Sunterra Cypress Pointe
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Marriott Sabal Palms, Royal Palms or Imperial Palms

A bit (perhaps 10 minutes) further, into Orlando, nearer Sea World:
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Oasis Lakes
Hilton Grand Vacations Club
Marriott Cypress Harbour or Grande Vista

Kissimmee area, near the All Stars (note the road construction is completed):
Silver Lake Resort
Westgate Vacation Villas
Embassy (or Sunterra) Resort at Grand Beach
Parkway International Resort

Further (perhaps 15 minutes) into Kissimmee (either way):
Fairfield Cypress Palms or Star Island
Sunterra Polynesian Isles Resort
Orange Lake Country Club (popular with golfers)

Some of these names are similar to names of other resorts so I'd look carefully. I wouldn't hesitate with any of these particular resorts. Some of them offer 2BR for 6, 7 or 8 and some offer 3BR. All have fully equipped kitchens, spacious rooms and pretty resort pool areas with kiddie pools and hot tubs. Most 2BR units have in-room washer/dryer, a jacuzzi tub, a nice balcony with furniture and at least 2 TVs. Hope this helps. :)

Residence Inn is renting 2 bedroom suites with full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, etc for $105 a night on Quickbook.com. There is no deposit required and it's a 3 day cancellation. What sets this one apart, I think is that it includes a full breakfast for all in your party and a light dinner Monday - Friday and the managers hour including 2 cocktails. See the other posts on this board from other posters who have stayed there. Convinced me :~)
Jenn

Hi I'm booked at the summerfield suites in lake beuna vista, i have not stayed there before but the price seemed right, and pics looked good on website $79.00 for 2 bedroom/2 bathroom/full kitchen suite. I called ressie services directly and when using my wyndam by request # I got the suite for $79.00. I believe their website said $89.00 (approx 830 sq. ft)

www.summerfield-orlando.com

(LBV and International Drive)
from what I have read, this seems to have favorable reports
Cheers

Stayed there in September.. Nice 2 bedroom cottages.. Also have nice big front decks with a picnic table and patio chairs.. One bedroom has a double bed - the other a queen size.. Also a sleeping loft with a double and the sofa in the living/dining area opens to a double.. All full size kitchen appliances - including a dishwasher and microwave.. We loved it there - very quiet and very clean.. It's in Kissimmee - off 192 and about a 5 to 10 minute drive to DW..

We were very pleased with Holiday Villas. They are 2 or 3 br vacation "homes" with 2 bathrooms, full kitchen/dining area/living room with queen sized sleepersofas, washer and dryer in each unit. Our only "complaint" is that the pool was sort of small-ish (but it wasn't a problem as our kids were small-ish too- 9,6,2 yo)! It was about a 10 min drive to any of Disney's parking lots, located east of WDW off 192. I think the 2 br is about $85/nite, check their website at www.holidayvillas.com. I'd definitely stay there again!

Before checking into OKW this past October we looked at the 2 bedroom at VV and after returning home jumped all over a $79.90 rate for a 2 bedroom in late January for 10 nights.

The pool area is gorgeous and it is a straight shot into the Disney area with very little traffic.
It would be worth it for $125 a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter