need some help from oil painters please!

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
a couple yrs ago my daughter brought us a oil painting back from France...it's unstretched canvas, 7 1/2 by 9 inches... i assume before i frame it i should stretch on a wood frame like a normal canvas would be but
i can't find ready made stretchers in that size...i did find an online frame shop that i can get the frame but do i have any options other than putting the painted canvas on a stretcher or should i mount it some other way before i frame it or know where i could get the odd sized stretchers?...thanks for your help..she keeps asking why i haven't gotten it done yet so i have to do it sometime soom.:)

Is the canvas that size or is the actual picture that size? remember, once you stretch it around the frame & staple it, you will loose about an inch around. it sounds like you really have a 6x8 picture.

If you go to a real art supply store vs. a craft store, they sell the wood bars separately in incremental inches, so you can piece the right size together yourself.

Is the canvas that size or is the actual picture that size? remember, once you stretch it around the frame & staple it, you will loose about an inch around. it sounds like you really have a 6x8 picture.

If you go to a real art supply store vs. a craft store, they sell the wood bars separately in incremental inches, so you can piece the right size together yourself.

the actual picture size is what i quoted, there is more canvas on the sides so i can staple it there...i'll send husband with it to an art store near where he works and see what they can do for it..
thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter