Need some help-possible Etsy shop

uncharch7

Mouseketeer
I made these canvasses for our trip to get autographs:

1zz25hk.jpg

And got a TON of compliments from both cast members and other guests in the parks. They're 12x16 (considering a smaller size so they fit in backpacks easier); I've had several requests already to have one made. What would you list them for? Each one takes about 3 hours to make (hand painted), about $4 in materials.

(Please let me know if this isn't allowed, I know I can't post a link to the shop itself but I didn't see anything prohibiting this type of post)

I go on pinterest a lot and if you search, I think you will find pricing advice. I see it often for items made with the circuit.

I would make them out if chip board with a coat of gesso. You can add embellishments to them amd do individual themed sheets like you have or do a smaller custom character themed book cover and 1st page spread with several pages for all other characters grouped together like you did above... As for pricing, you "COULD" charge A LOT like most do on Etsy... I WON'T do that! There are too many families w/o the resources or abilities to DIY and are lucky enough just to be goung... Using chipboard, you can prep both sides and do like 8 1/2" x 11" w/scaled down size of what you did on the front with the year on the back and sell w/a "special" pen for like $9.99 to $14.99. You can get ten sheets of chipboard to cut down for less than $10 & the amount of White Gesso needed is pennies making material cost less than 50 cents per sheet. Adding for the cost of the paint for your image and time which is up to you and you've made a BIG profit. Upcharge for extra embellishments based on cost and time to do them. If doing a small book like one base size on sizes of chipboard available once cut down, smae for image & embellishments, use hole punch & ribbon at top & bottom to hold together. Sell for $19.99 - $24.99 w/special pen and again its a huge profit! If you want to be more generous than profitable (crafting is theraputic for me so I give it away) you can lower to 1 front & back board w/pen for $5.99 and book for $9.99 - $14.99 dependi g on # of pages and embellishments... Either way you should definitely do it and Good luck!!!:cheer2:

Last edited:
Generally speaking, I try to allow for about $10 an hour for my time when I'm selling on Etsy (mostly vintage items, some original/custom art). I would wonder if you could cut down on your time investment by making stencils from your original art, rather than painting them by hand. And they are lovely, by the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!