Need some help with first stay on-site!

AlisonB

<font color=990000>Bonzo's DW!!<br><font color=blu
We've just booked our first onsite stay at HRH - woo hoo!

I have a couple of questions....

I understand you have to pay a parking charge - is that $5 per day? Do they charge it to your room? We have an AP - do I still have to pay (I think I get parking for free at the theme parks - so I wondered if that applied to the resorts too)

We've ordered our APs online - and we have to pick them up by swiping our credit card through the kiosk thingies at the theme parks - will the hotel let us check in and then go to IOA and collect our APs and show them later in the day?

Anything else I ought to know?

Thanks!

The charge is $6 a day to self park and I believe it does not matter if you are an AP holder. You will still have to pay it and they do charge it to your room.

You can go get your tickets and come back, but as far as the parking is concerned, I don't think it would matter.

Hope that helps.

:D Hi Alison

We found last year that we left our car in the 'park it yourself' car park and only paid for the first day of our stay. I did query at check-in and they just said that we were to say at the car park exit (one of those horrible boxes you have to push a button and "someone" speaks to you from somewhere . . . but are they watching you, that's what I want to know;) ) when we finally left that we had been guests and they don't charge. So, all it cost for two days parking was $5 (last year). Well worth it.

You won't need to park at the parks because they are literally a 5 and 10 minute walk from HRH - it's so great to be able to walk to the parks in the morning, then over to City Walk in the evening. You can even get the water taxi if you fancy:D

Make sure you check out the fountain at the front (I think) of the hotel - a good photo opportunity:cool:

Also, you MUST take time out in the pool - it's Katie's all-time favourite (and to my mind it's not half bad, either;) ).

Check out all the memorabilia in your room, we had the Beatles.

There's also a Hard Rock merchandise store in the hotel . . . bad news;)

Cheers Annie!

Both of our DDs are "Water babes" so the pool and open slide is a big must.

Here's hoping that the car park will still be that cheap this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter