Need to make some big changes

Eating a wider variety of veggies now and tolerating them well. So glad that now broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, green beans and asparagus have returned to my diet because I am a serious veggie addict! I was supposed to introduce foods one at a time, but I threw caution to the wind and introduced everything at once! Breads, other simple carbs, salt and nuts definitely continue to be off limits. I'm down 4.5 pounds. It is such a rapid weight loss and I gain so easily that I really wonder how much is bloat. I have never had such weight swings and episodes of hunger as I've had the last year and my metabolism has slowed dreadfully. I do not like what middle age has done to me! I still need to go down more to fit comfortably into all of my clothes. Good thing that the shoes still fit :) My husband is a real sweetie because he told me that I looked great on the day that I zipped up a dress and found it too be too tight. The exercise etc. is still going well and I'm still drinking a huge amount of water. I have to keep motivating myself because this is not easy! Happy Sunday!

Down another pound! Eating about 1400 calories a day and burning between 1500-1700 so I should hopefully be more comfortable in my jeans very soon! I detest tight clothes! Gotta go work out now. Happy Monday to all!

Hi Krii, just stopping by to wish you well. I always tell my friends that I like buying makeup, purse and shoes...because they fit me at any size :) Hope all your re-introduced foods work out since I know that will be relief to have so many more choices!

Great job on the weight loss Kriii! You must be really close to your goal. And your hubby sounds like such a sweetie! I hope you're having a great week!!

Thanks for the encouragement Roxy and Beth! I'm tolerating the new veggies pretty well and this is sooo exciting! I am actually not craving the peanut butter anymore. I think it is because my diet isn't nearly as limited now. I'm about to eat dinner and enjoy asparagus, which I ate every night before the elimination diet.

It's been super busy but I wanted to update the blog. I'm up and down healthwise, with some old issues flaring up again and some new issues added now. Overall I'm sticking with the elimination diet. My dietician and doctor have been encouraging and felt that I've stuck with the diet better than a lot of people, which made me feel better. The bottom line is that gluten, corn and other grains should not be reintroduced ever, so I'm actually sticking with that really well. I'm making some med changes so hopefully will be feeling better soon. Exercise is continuing to go well, H2o intake is good, sleep is much better now. I was really proud of myself for sticking to only 3-4 cups of coffee every morning, but the dietician was not impressed. This is a huge cutback for me and one area that I'm not yet ready to sacrifice. I'm back to blood sugar monitoring for hypoglycemia, which seems to be the cause of sporadic urges to eat large amounts of sugars/simple carbs. My new post menopausal weight seems to want to settle around 120, which is more than I'm used to but not too much for my frame. I'm trying to be ok with that. I think it should come down though when the hypoglycemia induced hunger attacks cease. No woman likes to see the scale go up, even if it is within a healthy range. Overall, I'm much better off than I was a year ago healthwise and grateful. Happy weekend everyone!

It's been super busy but I wanted to update the blog. I'm up and down healthwise, with some old issues flaring up again and some new issues added now. Overall I'm sticking with the elimination diet. My dietician and doctor have been encouraging and felt that I've stuck with the diet better than a lot of people, which made me feel better. The bottom line is that gluten, corn and other grains should not be reintroduced ever, so I'm actually sticking with that really well. I'm making some med changes so hopefully will be feeling better soon. Exercise is continuing to go well, H2o intake is good, sleep is much better now. I was really proud of myself for sticking to only 3-4 cups of coffee every morning, but the dietician was not impressed. This is a huge cutback for me and one area that I'm not yet ready to sacrifice. I'm back to blood sugar monitoring for hypoglycemia, which seems to be the cause of sporadic urges to eat large amounts of sugars/simple carbs. My new post menopausal weight seems to want to settle around 120, which is more than I'm used to but not too much for my frame. I'm trying to be ok with that. I think it should come down though when the hypoglycemia induced hunger attacks cease. No woman likes to see the scale go up, even if it is within a healthy range. Overall, I'm much better off than I was a year ago healthwise and grateful. Happy weekend everyone!

I know I've said it before Kriii, but I just love your positive attitude. I hope you're having a great week. :)

It's been a good week healthwise (yay!). People have been telling me I am looking a lot healthier and this is really gratifying to hear. The leaky gut, hypoglycemia and weight swings are still in full force though! I'm down 4.5 lbs. since I last posted, basically because I've been better at handling the blood sugar dips with monitoring sugar levels and strategic snacking when the hypoglycemia hits. If I don't deal with the blood sugar dips correctly I am starvingly hungry and overeat (also known as the famous peanut butter binges LOL!) . I then feel physically unwell the next day and put on the weight immediately, making my pants too tight. There is nothing I hate more than tight pants! I'm getting excited thinking about Thanksgiving, which is my favorite holiday! Life is going well otherwise. Happy weekend everyone and best of luck with your personal health goals!

Still hanging in there! I'm getting better at realizing what a permanent diet and lifestyle change I'm likely looking at. My doctor has pretty much said that I'm off of certain foods for life, specifically corn, glutens, grains and sugar. It's a real challenge to wrap my head around that. I don't have a lot of new info to post on this blog but I'll keep checking in periodically to keep myself accountable. Right now, I am looking at the holiday season and planning for a healthy lifestyle during the "eating season." In the past, I've stayed ok weight wise by limiting my food indulgences to the actual holidays and not eating holiday foods in between. This time, I'm going to try really hard not to eat foods I'm sensitive to at all. Thanksgiving will be the most difficult because I really like bread stuffing and rolls. I'm thinking of trying a quinoa stuffing this year but will still have to show will power. The rest of the family will howl if I don't make my bread stuffing! Wishing the other bloggers the best in their personal wellness journeys :)

Still hanging in there! I have kicked the peanut butter habit and bread is less of a temptation than it used to be! I am totally off of caffeine still. Unfortunately, I have developed a habit of eating dried fruits in place of peanut butter. I'm allowed to eat this on the elimination diet, but there are tons of calories. Have only missed one workout (Christmas Day). Water intake, steps and sleep going well. Weight is around 120, which is fine for my frame but higher than I like. It is either the fruit or perhaps the fact that I'm 50 now and my metabolism is slower. Just working through the temptations one day at a time. Some "bad" days when I eat things I'm not allowed still. I ate nuts on Christmas day and am just now getting over them. Seeing a new doctor next week to see if anything more can be done for the digestion. Happy Holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!