Need to reduce the number of people on Oga's ADR. Anyway to do that online?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I made the ADR at 180 days, but unfortunately plans have changed. So now there will only be 6 people instead of the 12 people that I originally booked. There are no other openings available to book now. I don't want to cancel and take the chance of being able to rebook then. I don't see anywhere to reduce the number of people on the ADR. Is there a way to do that online? Or will I need to call and have someone modify the number of people?

Thanks for your help!

I made the ADR at 180 days, but unfortunately plans have changed. So now there will only be 6 people instead of the 12 people that I originally booked. There are no other openings available to book now. I don't want to cancel and take the chance of being able to rebook then. I don't see anywhere to reduce the number of people on the ADR. Is there a way to do that online? Or will I need to call and have someone modify the number of people?

Thanks for your help!
If you use the app, you can go in and click the Update Party link in the upper right of the Party section, from there you can remove members of the party. If you're online, the link is called Update Guests and is in the lower right of the reservation listing on your My Plans listing.

I had been online, and when I went to update guests, I could not find a way to remove names. I went to the app, and was happy to see the remove members of the party button, however, it didn't update the total number of the people for the ADR. It still shows it for 12 people, now with blank guest names for those I removed. Is there something I'm missing? Something else I should be clicking on?

I had been online, and when I went to update guests, I could not find a way to remove names. I went to the app, and was happy to see the remove members of the party button, however, it didn't update the total number of the people for the ADR. It still shows it for 12 people, now with blank guest names for those I removed. Is there something I'm missing? Something else I should be clicking on?
Hm, sounds like you did everything correctly! Might be a glitchy thing. It might be worth a call if you wanted to be sure to free up those 6 slots for others to pick up.

You can try to reduce the number of guests under Change Reservation. Update Guests only allows you to change who is on the ADR (aside from the lead guest). If it doesn't have anything for the reduced number, just keep it as is and let them know when you check in.

Unless you are going with a signifantly smaller group, I wouldn't worry about it.
The main issue is if you are trying to increase the number for an ADR. Decreasing usually not an issue as long as 1 person shows up.
As mentioned, I would just let them know when you check in.
Enjoy, we had fun there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter