Need your help! Restaurants for 2 older adults

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Hi all--

We have our whole family down in December, but one day, my immediate family is doing Discovery Cove and my in-laws will be on their own till we meet up for dinner at Cape May.

Right now they are planning on a play-it-by-ear type day as it is in the middle of our trip. FIL is thinking he may want to make some PS for breakfast or lunch just for the two of them and here's where I need your help.

We are staying at the BCV so ideally, the PS should be in the Epcot area, or maybe even Epcot itself. Cape May is not a choice for breakfast because we are doing that meal later in the week.

My in-laws are Midwest born and bred. Meat and potatoes type folks. MIL isn't very adventurous, but FIL is, but not to an extreme. So if we can find some ideas that might appeal to both their tastes, that's what I am aiming for.

Here's my ideas so far:

Breakfast:
~ In the room (not very exciting)
~ Yacht Club Galley - I am told this is a great place
~ Spoodles on the Boardwalk - never been here so would like your feedback.
~ Fresh at the Dolphin - I SO want to go here myself and I think the variety may fit with the inlaws

Lunch:
~ Beaches & Cream or Hurricane Hannah's if they end up poolside (I know they don't need PS here)
~ If at Epcot, they may like Biergarten because both are from German families.

Any other thoughts?

Suggestions for lunch, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier in Canada. Both have great food and a very relaxed atmosphere.

I highly recommend the YCG for breakfast! They offer an a la carte selection or a breakfast buffet.

Keep in mind if they have lunch in Epcot they will be required to use a park entrance ticket. I wasn't sure by your posting if they were doing the parks this day.

If they are I recommend Le Cellier -- great place for a meat and potatoes folk.

I can't recommend Biergarten we have never eaten there -- we have poked our head in had a beer and watched the entertainment. I did see a buffet set-up which looked ok.

Beaches & Cream is great -- for a burger type lunch.

I
llp479 Suggestions for lunch, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Le Cellier in Canada. Both have great food and a very relaxed atmosphere.

The YSH is fabulous !!! but it's only open for dinner.

The Yacht Club Galley (YCG) is one for breakfast and lunch and I highly recommend for both breakfast or lunch.

Fresh at the Dolphin is wonderful..I think they would love it. The food is as the name describes...FRESH!

For lunch...we enjoy having a snack and a beer at the Big River brewing company.

The buffet at Biergarten is excellent also..or a quick brat/sauerkraut outside is also excellent. Depending on how hungry they are.

And..we haven't had a chance to try it yet..but the lunch buffet at Fresh at the Dolphin is suppose to be wonderful as well.

I would suggest a big breakfast or a smally snacky lunch. Keep in mind you are doing a big buffet for dinner and they won't want to be full before they even get there. :)
Dawn

My in-laws are Midwest born and bred. Meat and potatoes type folks.

So are mine. When we took them in June, they loved both the Beirgarten and Beaches & Cream (ate here twice!).

I've had breakfast at Spoodles, it was good.

Breakfast:
If neither are big breakfast eaters, I would recommend something from the Boardwalk Bakery.

Lunch:
Le Cellier in the Canadian pavillion and the Rose & Crown in the UK pavilion are both very good places to eat. Coming from a picky eater, they will alter a meal if you want, such as no sauce on meat, etc.

Beaches & Cream is located at the Beach Club and offers burgers, onion rings, ice cream, etc. Pretty basic stuff.

Tried Fresh on my last trip and it was pretty good.

I took my 80yo father last February and we stayed at BCV. He & I really enjoyed going over to the Yacht Club Galley for breakfast most mornings. He also enjoyed the Biergarten in Germany and Beaches & Cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter