Votes: 5 13.9%
  • July 14-19 YC club level with regular dining

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked at the YC in a standard room with free dining May 26-31. We upgraded though to the Deluxe dining plan, so we are paying the difference on that. With everything going on I'm not sure if we should cancel or hold off until mid May to decide whether or not to cancel. I booked another reservation today as a back up plan. We are now also booked for July 14-19 in a club level room at the YC with the regular dining plan. It will only be $300 more than our other reservation in May. So...I don't know what to do. Cancel our reservation in May now or wait? I thought I would ask you guys for advice...even if this pandemic wasn't going on, the club level reservation is tempting since it is only $300 more. The only reason I booked another reservation now is simply because of being scared of unavailable rooms if we did have no choice but to cancel in May. Otherwise I would never have two packages at the same time without intention of using both.

I would say the farther out you can push upcoming reservations, the better the chances of actually using them. I have no crystal ball into the future, just like everyone else, but I would feel uncertain about WDW being open for normal business by the end of May. 6 weeks later sounds better to me, not even considering the details of the reservation - but club level is always a nice splurge!!

If I had to choose, I would wait until July and stay CL at YC. We have stayed CL here several times and loved it! We found that the food offerings at breakfast and in the early evening were more than enough as meals for us and there was more variety than other CL we have been at. I do think once Disney announces their extension for reopening, it will get more difficult to find a room at a decent price as folks adjust their trips.

I’d wait as long as possible. I’m not convinced the parks/resorts will open by July. Everything I keep reading/hearing on the news indicates that we are just at the beginning of this crisis.

We have a trip to WDW in July too on our DVC points. not sure if it’s going to happen. I hope I’m wrong.

May is too optimistic and I would push to July or later. Given Florida’s poor response so far I expect it will hit like wildfire there shortly. I live in New York State and we have basically shut down. Florida has yet to so they are due for an explosion that could shut things down a while given the elderly population there. So I myself would not go into that area so soon. This is serious stuff that will not just go away overnight so better safe than sorry. Disney will be there.

I would definitely pick the later date. I can't image Disney World will be fully open in May. We enjoyed our YC CL stays but wouldn't do a dining plan when staying CL. It would be too much food for us. We eat one TS meal a day as we eat breakfast and appetizers at the lounge. You would be left with many QS credits - but that is what worked for us. Enjoy whenever you get to go.

I would cancel May and keep July YC but I feel having a DDP with CL is a waste of money. We’ve stayed CL several times and with the breakfast, snacks and all the appies and desserts in the evening we only ate one TS a day. We’d have a late TS lunch, then enjoy the evening CL offerings which was more then enough food. I thought if we were still hungry we could always grab a bite at a QS nearby but we never were.

It all depends on how you like to eat. And for us the deluxe DDP was way too much food, and too much time constraints.

I wouldn’t even consider going to WDW in May or July of this year. Personally, I’d cancel everything & wait to make an informed, responsible choice as to when to visit. There’s a pandemic occuring at the moment.

If you have the flexibility to wait it out and make a decision a week or two before your May dates, then I would wait it out. We had a late April trip booked that we pushed out to mid-May, and we will re-schedule again if late April approaches and its still not looking good. Assuming they are open come July, I would expect it to be a busy time with all the other re-schedulers, plus the normal summer vacationers. I would guess many families who needed to re-schedule their trip will try to go over the summer before school is back in session. Plus, July can be hot as heck so you stand a chance at more tolerable temperatures in May.

We were scheduled to go 3/14-3/21- obviously that didn't happen. We rescheduled for November. I am really hoping that by then most of this will be resolved and just a horrible memory for our country. I seriously would not think of going in either May or July. I think the fall is the earliest we might see a return to normalcy.

Sorry if OT but what exactly is the cancellation policy for a package as of now?

and OP I’d wait a little longer if possible then decide, depending on the answer to my question!!!

Well....they announced yesterday that they are no longer accepting reservations until after June 1st. I'm wondering if this is an indication that Disney knows they wont open until sometime in June?

Well....they announced yesterday that they are no longer accepting reservations until after June 1st. I'm wondering if this is an indication that Disney knows they wont open until sometime in June?
It seems more than likely. Even the President, who is very motivated to get things back to normal asap, has advocated maintaining social distancing until the end of April, and says he hopes the country will open up again at the beginning of June. Combine that with Disney not booking any resorts before June, and no, I do not think they will reopen before then. We had a late May and early June trip ourselves that I just finished rescheduling to July.

Btw, if you stay club level, you might want to reconsider buying a dining plan at all. We typically eat breakfast and dinner at the lounge. However, that does depend on your schedule, though.

It seems more than likely. Even the President, who is very motivated to get things back to normal asap, has advocated maintaining social distancing until the end of April, and says he hopes the country will open up again at the beginning of June. Combine that with Disney not booking any resorts before June, and no, I do not think they will reopen before then. We had a late May and early June trip ourselves that I just finished rescheduling to July.

Btw, if you stay club level, you might want to reconsider buying a dining plan at all. We typically eat breakfast and dinner at the lounge. However, that does depend on your schedule, though.
We went ahead and kept July and canceled May. I was thinking of dropping the dining plan all together, but we got free dining since we had to cancel May. (Technically I cancelled the reservation I had as a backup, and rescheduled our May trip to July) If we have to cancel July I give up until at least December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!