Never Been - PS ressie question

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Hi there. We've never been to Disneyland, but we've decided to go 5/16 - 5/22. Do PS ressies for dining work the same as WDW? How far out can we book? Tell me more about Blue Bayou - would you recommend a PS?

Thanks

PamNC

You definetely want a PS for the Blue Bayou, especially if you plan on eating at a popular time (like between 11&1 or between 5&8). It's a very popular restaurant. You can make PSs for in-park restaurants 6 weeks out (that's around the time they know the park hours).

great info. Thank you. How far out can I make ressies for resort restaurants?

PamNC

You almost have to have a PS to eat at Blue Bayou. You can make a PS 6 weeks out. Have them note on the PS that you would like a "water front" table. Then mention it again when you check in. You may have to wait a little extra but it is worth it IMO.

In Park Priority Seating can be made at 6 weeks out.
Non-Park Priority Seatings can be made 60 days out.

I was at the Blue Bayou a couple of weeks ago. You HAVE to make a PS. The people walking up to the podium were putting their names in for later -- at 12:30 they were making PS's for 3pm lunches.

They do not take requests for waterside anymore. You'll have to do it when you check in. I think the wait is worth it.

Phone # is 714/781-3463

What do you all think of the Blue Bayou for kids? My kids are 7 and 9. Is there a kids menu? I've seen the regular menu and there isn't even much on there that I like but it sounds like the atmosphere is worth it! As long as there is something on the menu for the kids, we may have to try it I think. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

:flower: Dori

There was a kids menu when we were there in June but I don't remember what it contained. I have to say though that I'm in the minority. We weren't all that impressed with the Blue Bayou. The food was only mediochre and the atmosphere wasn't as magical as all the posts I had read had lead me to believe it would be. I'd rather take the family to the Rainforest Cafe.

The kids menu has pasta w/ tomoato sauce (or butter); Mickey Chicken Nuggets; & Mini-Corn Dogs. Or at least that is what it was a few years ago.

I was a little wary the first time I took my kids (my first time also) - they were around 4 and 6. We had a great time! We all found something we liked to eat and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

I couldn't find this post for some reason yesterday! Thanks for your input. I'm still a little undecided but I'm leaning towards trying the Blue Bayou. The kid's menu sounds good and it still sounds like one of the nicest resteraunts as far as atmosphere. We have a Rainforest Cafe here in CT and my son STILL refuses to eat there because he remembers being scared of the thunderstorm 4 YEARS ago! Kids I tell ya!

Thanks again!
:flower: Dori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter