Never done the Ice Cream social - What can I expect?

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
We have never done the Ice Cream Social before. For anyone who has, what can we expect?

Thanks so much.

For each paying person (3 and over), you will receive a large ice cream cone stuck on a chocolate chip cookie ("glued" with chocolate) with a couple of scoops of (I think) Breyer's vanilla ice cream. Decorated with sprinkles, gummy worms and a piece of chocolate with gold Mickeys on it. For anyone under 3, you will receive a dish of ice cream (one scoop). Last time DS got gummy worms, previous times, he didn't.

We prefer to sit on the lower level (you can ask when you check in), it feels more secluded, and you can better enjoy the changing scenery.

We've always had excellent character interaction, especially with Chip and Dale. Mickey and Pluto are also present.

If our schedule allows, we will always try to work this one in!

Thanks for the info. We are really looking forward to this. How long does the whole thing take? Can you sit there as long as you want or do they kick you out when it is time for the next PS group?

They only have one maybe two seatings for this. You will not get kicked out--that said it should take as long as you usually take to eat a few scoops of ice cream and visit with the characters. For us it was about 45 minutes total--if you use more time to interact withthe characters than expect about an hour. It really isn't a traditional "ice cream social".Your server will seat you take drink orders if you wanthem, serve the ice cream and the characters roam from table to table. If it is a busy time of year people will be having lunch at the same time you are having the ice cream. Once you are finished eating and getting autographs you may pay and leave.

I can't wait. This is the first time my family is doing the ice cream social.

So with all that ice-cream and kids, do the characters get "sticky"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter