New BLT check in desk placement

bostontim

Mouseketeer
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I do not like the new large check in desk at BLT. The placement obstructs the views out to the fountain and pool area, and when walking back to the lobby from the courtyard, one can see the reverse side of the desk, which feels like I am looking at "backstage." I just miss the more elegant feeling of the old lobby. It also isn't clear whether you should wait at the large desk or at the side desks. It turned out that both could help you with just about anything. I know there is a physical requirement for space for backup keys and such, but I really feel that the look of the lobby has been ruined by this overly large monstrosity. Just curious if anyone feels this way.

got told that is the concierge desk - the check in desk is the same as always - it shares with the TOWL desk.

not sure why the concierge desk is so large?

although it helps with check in - it is not the check in desk - got told last time. when I had a problem and was put in front of the people in line who were checking in.:rolleyes2

I say that was unfair and got told that the big desk is concierge - who are suppose to help you.

The big desk described is almost definitely the check in desk. That's where I was directed to check in in May and I believe it had similar signage this past week. I'm not certain why you would have been told it was the concierge desk?

I guess it doesn't bother me as much as the OP but I did like the comfort the lobby had before and I'm not certain it's worth the additional costs associated with it.

I do not like the check-in desk at BLT, but that is because I do not feel that it adds sufficient value to justify any increase in my annual dues.

I didn't mind the desk at all. In fact, I much preferred being able to check in at BLT instead of CT (driver). I even stopped by a couple times for things - applying gift cards to room charge, make a dining reservation. Much better (convenient) than having to go over to CT to me.

I'll gladly pay the dues for it.

I preferred the Christmas tree in the huge window. I did not like the BLT lobby as much with the new look. Oh well!

We are also not fans of the large desk. We felt they could have a much smaller desk with fewer workers. IMHO, they should either use the desk 24x7 for all BLT guests or go back to CR only. Paying to staff both desk areas is a waste of member dues... IMHO.

I preferred the Christmas tree in the huge window. I did not like the BLT lobby as much with the new look. Oh well!

I agree I miss the tree and the sheers block the view completely.

But at the same time I really like having the check-in there versus at CR as we have a car. The lobby was always so empty and unused before. However, I too wish it didn't raise our dues so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter