New booking category for Poly

Wow, they most have gotten the message from a lot of families with small kids. We would have never stayed there if this wan't guaranteed.

Looks like a good change.

I just checked the "Booking" part of the website and it isn't listed as a category there however. I guess Disney IT is still working on it............

I wonder if inventory will be specifically set aside for this or will it just allow it so long as there are 2 studios available.

I wonder if inventory will be specifically set aside for this or will it just allow it so long as there are 2 studios available.

DVC cannot specifically set aside rooms at Poly to be booked only as connecting studios. That would violate the DVC rule that all reservations are first come first served, a rule that effectively makes many lose their chance to get a 2BR standard at BWV because all those rooms are lock-offs and disappear as studio reservations. Nevertheless, for Poly it is not really an issue of any significance because, except for two studios in the resort, every studio connects to another studio and thus getting two connecting studios should usually be easy, with the only difficulty of significance being having the computer reservation and room assignment system set up to do it.

Last edited:

It looks like it will only allow this category to be booked if there are 2 studios available. I see it on the RAT as double the points of a single studio. If this comes to being, it is great because not only can you get connecting studios guaranteed, but you can book 2 studios at the same time without worrying that you book one and when you go back to book another there may be no more availability.

DVC cannot specifically set aside rooms at Poly to be booked only as connecting studios. That would violate the DVC rule that all reservations are first come first served, a rule that effectively makes many lose their chance to get a 2BR standard at BWV because all those rooms are lock-offs and disappear as studio reservations. Nevertheless, for Poly it is not really an issue of any significance because, except for two studios in the resort, every studio connects to another studio and thus getting two connecting studios should usually be easy, with the only difficulty of significance being having the computer reservation and room assignment system set up to do it.

Thank you for this. While I sympathize for the families who request but are not guaranteed connecting rooms, I was concerned about availability when just wanting to book a single studio.

It looks like it will only allow this category to be booked if there are 2 studios available. I see it on the RAT as double the points of a single studio. If this comes to being, it is great because not only can you get connecting studios guaranteed, but you can book 2 studios at the same time without worrying that you book one and when you go back to book another there may be no more availability.

Being able to book the two rooms with one reservation is very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!