New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

We just checked out of the GF on Thursday. I called for a BB to price out next August. It was Almost $5K for our family of 5 for a room at a moderate, CB for 7 nights. Sorry, I don't think that is a bargain since we will be eating at counter service for all our meals and be at a resort that has construction going on. We have been going to Disney for the last 12 years straight and free dining is nothing like it used to be. Yes, I know, Disney is doing great and it is a great company and knows how to make money. I don't frown upon that. But it's hard to accept "free dining" when it's super expensive and we also don't want to eat counter service for all our meals.

Last edited:
We just checked out of the GF on Thursday. I called for a BB to price out next August. It was Almost $5K for our family of 5 for a room at a moderate, CB for 7 nights. Sorry, I don't think that is a bargain since we will be eating at counter service for all our meals and be at a resort that has construction going on. We have been going to Disney for the last 12 years straight and free dining is nothing like it used to be. Yes, I know, Disney is doing great and it is a great company and knows how to make money. I don't frown upon that. But it's hard to get "free dining" when it's super expensive and we don't want to eat counter service for all our meals.
Did you price it out yourself to ensure you were being quoted the B.B. price? Occasionally people seem to be getting unusual quotes.

We leave tomorrow morning and I want to him an 8 night stay at Pop next Sept. By then my dd and I will be 2 Disney adults, Pop Standard room, 7 day passes with park hopper and upgrade to DDP. I calculate that to CMs in at $2,676.

Seeing that you’re a family of 5 staying moderate, $5000 could be pretty accurate.

For anyone hoping to book a B.B. I HIGHLY recommend pricing out your package yourself before calling so you have an amount you anticipate paying.

For our family of 2 I’ve ptced our many options and for us we cannot beat FD.

Did you price it out yourself to ensure you were being quoted the B.B. price? Occasionally people seem to be getting unusual quotes.

We leave tomorrow morning and I want to him an 8 night stay at Pop next Sept. By then my dd and I will be 2 Disney adults, Pop Standard room, 7 day passes with park hopper and upgrade to DDP. I calculate that to CMs in at $2,676.

Seeing that you’re a family of 5 staying moderate, $5000 could be pretty accurate.

For anyone hoping to book a B.B. I HIGHLY recommend pricing out your package yourself before calling so you have an amount you anticipate paying.

For our family of 2 I’ve ptced our many options and for us we cannot beat FD.
We will be booking 2 rooms with 7 total people in Dec 2019. The history is a 20% discount at the value resorts (our preference, don’t judge haha). If FD BB isn’t available when I go this December, my agent will have to try to get us FD in April when it is released.

We will be booking 2 rooms with 7 total people in Dec 2019. The history is a 20% discount at the value resorts (our preference, don’t judge haha). If FD BB isn’t available when I go this December, my agent will have to try to get us FD in April when it is released.
Heading to Pop later today!! Out resirt of choice every single trip!!!

We arrive in about 12 days. We always book BB for the following September, but this year my hubby and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary also. We are debating a kid-free trip in July also. Can I book 2 BB offers when we are there in 12 days (1 for July, 1 for Sep.)? Thanks!

We arrive in about 12 days. We always book BB for the following September, but this year my hubby and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary also. We are debating a kid-free trip in July also. Can I book 2 BB offers when we are there in 12 days (1 for July, 1 for Sep.)? Thanks!

Thinking yes, one for each adult in current party. So one in your name and one in DH hoping he is with on this next trip.

You sure can!! When we were at Pop in Jan I booked a room discount B.B. for this week plus another one for December. I was the only adult in the room so can confirm you can book multiple B.B. offers during a single trip.

Have a great and safe trip!party:
Thanks @Disney Ron! Having a great time already!!

You sure can!! When we were at Pop in Jan I booked a room discount B.B. for this week plus another one for December. I was the only adult in the room so can confirm you can book multiple B.B. offers during a single trip.

Thanks!! Gotta make a decision before we are there in 11 days!

We just checked out of the GF on Thursday. I called for a BB to price out next August. It was Almost $5K for our family of 5 for a room at a moderate, CB for 7 nights. Sorry, I don't think that is a bargain since we will be eating at counter service for all our meals and be at a resort that has construction going on. We have been going to Disney for the last 12 years straight and free dining is nothing like it used to be. Yes, I know, Disney is doing great and it is a great company and knows how to make money. I don't frown upon that. But it's hard to accept "free dining" when it's super expensive and we also don't want to eat counter service for all our meals.

I priced it out already and for two rooms at CSR for the July 4th week, 2019 will be around $5500 for five adults. I'm going to book it next week when we are there and take time to decide if that will be our best bet. We are going to WDW again in December so there will hopefully be a room only discount then to compare.

Just booked our Sep 2019 BB at Pop this morning. I had priced it out before leaving home so I knew what number I was looking for. It was $0.02 different so I knew we were good and it’s all booked. Phew!!

We lost our FD BB last year due to Irma and also the opportunity to book a FD BB for this year. So thankful to have this taken care of now and not need to concern myself with the madness that happens next April! Also locked in current ticket and room rates which is an additional savings.

Happy day!

I was told that you can book as many separate bounceback trips as you want. :)

Just booked our Sep 2019 BB at Pop this morning. I had priced it out before leaving home so I knew what number I was looking for. It was $0.02 different so I knew we were good and it’s all booked. Phew!!

We lost our FD BB last year due to Irma and also the opportunity to book a FD BB for this year. So thankful to have this taken care of now and not need to concern myself with the madness that happens next April! Also locked in current ticket and room rates which is an additional savings.

Happy day!

This was exactly us and the reason why I am so on edge about getting next September booked at Pop. Ug...I stayed up all night on the rumored release night to book this year's free dining because we also lost our opportunity to book BB last year due to Irma. I really don't want to do that again. I have also priced out what our trip should be just so I can compare. No trouble getting a standard at Pop for next year?

Last edited:
This was exactly us and the reason why I am so on edge about getting next September booked at Pop. Ug...I stayed up all night on the rumored release night to book this year's free dining because we also lost our opportunity to book BB last year due to Irma. I really don't want to do that again. I have also priced out what our trip should be just so I can compare. No trouble getting a standard at Pop for next year?
No troubles at all! Got exactly what I wanted. Entire call took less than 20 mins.

I’m not concerned about going in Sept. Last year would have been our 7th Sep BB in a row and this was the first time we ran into challenges. You’re right that it was stressful but I’m willing to do it again.

We were there 1/28 to 2/04 and yeah, it wasn't pleasant. Crowds the 7/20-7/24 were at least half of what they were in January. How insane is that?
That's the new normal. I like it because as a teacher, I'm off in the summer.

Thinking yes, one for each adult in current party. So one in your name and one in DH hoping he is with on this next trip.

Actually, it is one room per adult per trip. You can book more than 1 trip. As long as the dates are different, you can book as many trips as you want.

do you have to be on the dining plan during your trip to get the bounce back offer? also we are renting dvc points during our stay at poly, will the bounce back offer still work? and if we end up getting the bounce back offer can we add a discount and not pay full price for the room? were staying 10/28-11/2 so it might work

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png

do you have to be on the dining plan during your trip to get the bounce back offer? also we are renting dvc points during our stay at poly, will the bounce back offer still work? and if we end up getting the bounce back offer can we add a discount and not pay full price for the room? were staying 10/28-11/2 so it might work

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png

No, you don’t have to currently have the dining plan to book the free dining bounceback. You will be eligible as a current Disney resort guest, even if you are staying on DVC points. However, you can not stack discounts. So it will either be the free dining bounceback or a room discount, but not both. You’ll have to figure out which one will work better for your family depending on resort, room type & party size.

And just an FYI: you don’t have to wait for any type of invitation, email or to be “offered” the bounceback. Just call ext 8844 from your room phone. That is the dedicated future stay offer line. They will verify you are a current guest & book the offer for you. Don’t call the normal Disney reservation line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter