New buyer wants two different contracts from two different resale sites (same use year)...

iannovich

Mouseketeer
I'm not currently a member, but my girlfriend is so I have a good advanced-basic working knowledge of DVC, which has been supplemented greatly by watching videos and reading through these forums whenever I think of a question. I've searched but I can't seem to find an answer to this one:

I've been stalking resale sites, looking for any contracts that seem interesting to me and I've come across two different small contracts at two different resale sites. They're the same home resort and the same use year and I'd actually like to have them both. Does anyone know how it would work if I put in an offer on both and was lucky enough that both got accepted (and pass ROFR)? I don't have a member number yet, so would it be 'first to close wins' and the second would then get added under that membership number?

One of the contracts is a small subsidized dues/extended expiration style contract, or I would just keep it simple and look for one bigger contract that totals the points of the two smaller contracts.

I guess I'm wondering if the situation is too complicated to deal with? Two different resale companies and owners, potentially two different title companies... and wondering if maybe I should just make an offer on the unicorn and then look for a second add-on contract to beef it up after that one is completed. Or am I just making it complicated and DVC will deal with the contracts as they each come through and sew everything together behind the scenes, easy-peasy?

i don't know the answer to your question regarding membership number, but I'll note that subsidized dues contracts are rare, and if the price is still a good deal, I'd favor getting a subsidized dues contract as it will really benefit you in the long term.

i don't know the answer to your question regarding membership number, but I'll note that subsidized dues contracts are rare, and if the price is still a good deal, I'd favor getting a subsidized dues contract as it will really benefit you in the long term.

Yeah, I guess talking it out I realize that I should put that offer in regardless. Thanks!

Once you pass ROFR on both contract, you would make sure that the title company includes information about the other contract when sent to Disney so that both can be out under the same membership number,

I always include my membership number when adding on which ensures it. As a new buyer, you don’t have that so best you can do is include details,

Another thing is that once you know things have closed, you can send an email to membership administration and give them all the details as well.

I put in 2 offers through 2 resale companies the same day. There are 2 title companies. It has been a fairly easy process thus far. I am on day 22 for ROFR on first one and 18 days on other.

You, as a buyer, have a right to choose your closing agent. I would just require both agencies to use the same closing agent. I am not sure if you could get a discount from the closing agent (since it appears it is two different sellers), but it would be much easier to deal with. I used Jeffrey Sweet and they were wonderful. Very quick closing and very responsive to any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter