New BWV availability

houseofduck

DIS Veteran
I’ve been looking at BWV availability lately. Tonight, I noticed new availability opened up for Boardwalk view from December onward. Almost every night had availability. So, if you are stalking a Boardwalk view, take a look!

Unfortunately, no real changes for my 11/29/2020 to 12/11/2020 date over the past couple of weeks for several weeks. I've been checking several times each day.

There were some micro-changes from one day to the next day.

I'm trying to fill in some PCR dates with DVC.

But my searches are more difficult trying to get a studio with a handicap wheelchair roll-in shower.

I hoping to catch some cancelations to do split stays.

I'm happy for you to find your dates at BWV.

I just checked again, no luck except SSR and PRV, but I don't want to stay there.

But

I’ve been looking at BWV availability lately. Tonight, I noticed new availability opened up for Boardwalk view from December onward. Almost every night had availability. So, if you are stalking a Boardwalk view, take a look!

Last edited:
When I checked, all of December, with the exception of the night of December 28 was available in a Boardwalk studio.

Unfortunately, no real changes for my 11/29/2020 to 12/11/2020 date over the past couple of weeks for several weeks. I've been checking several times each day.

There were some micro-changes from one day to the next day.

I'm trying to fill in some PCR dates with DVC.

I hoping to catch some cancelations to do split stays.

I'm happy for you to find your dates at BWV.

I just checked again, no luck except SSR and PRV, but I don't want to stay there.

It’s very strange. I just checked again and all of that availability is gone. It’s back to what things looked like earlier today.

I suspect it's cancellations and then waitlist/stalking action. With the increasing surge of virus infections in several states, people are constantly changing their minds about vacations.

Last edited:
I suspect it's cancellations nd then waitlist/stalking action. With the increasing surge of virus infections in several states, people are constantly changing their minds about vacations.

But, it was almost every night from December onward. Only one night was missing in December. There were a few more missing in January. Nothing missing in February, March, April, or May. And, it was only Boardwalk view available. I had been looking at BWV availability regularly all day (and for weeks prior to yesterday). It's hard to believe that within a few hours there were that many cancellations. Although, I guess anything is possible and we are close to the end of the month. People might be canceling and banking.

My thought was that maybe they put one studio back in service. Then, the waitlist and stalkers picked it up.

I suspect it's cancellations nd then waitlist/stalking action. With the increasing surge of virus infections in several states, people are constantly changing their minds about vacations.

I agree.

how do you know it’s website issues and people just didn’t book it?

I said it tongue in cheek because the website still lists me owning
Disney's BoardWalk Villas and The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

I don't own The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, but there it is.

Plus yesterday their website said in order to sign-in, I had to change my password...again.

The website said there was an unusual number of sign-ins...again...DUH...lol.

Plus other issues.

I agree.

I said it tongue in cheek because the website still lists me owning

I don't own The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, but there it is.

Plus yesterday their website said in order to sign-in, I had to change my password...again.

The website said there was an unusual number of sign-ins...again...DUH...lol.

Plus other issues.

Did the owning at VGC show up recently? The addition of being able to use transferred or OTU points online will add a temporary contract to your account for those.

If you had any of those types of points during this UY, it could be why!

Did the owning at VGC show up recently? The addition of being able to use transferred or OTU points online will add a temporary contract to your account for those.

If you had any of those types of points during this UY, it could be why!

It has been showing up every time I check for availability since June.

It doesn't show up in my DVC dashboard.

It has been showing up every time I check for availability since June.

It doesn't show up in my DVC dashboard.

The new ones don’t show on the dashboard, but mine showing BWV...which I don’t own...showed up only when they did the change a few weeks ago.

I have the transferred points so that is why, But, since yours has been there for months, it can’t be that. So weird.

There has been a lot of availability at BWV as of late. As I make this post, over half of Dec garden view studio is available. I was actually able to switch out to BCV for Dec. Even BCV has decent availability in Dec right now. I think part of it might be the Luna pool construction. I know that was a big part of my switch.

I had 11- days in a row showed up this afternoon planning rent, but the availability back to where it reverted to what it was this morning.

Here is what I and the renter saw an hour ago.

Next time I'll try and copy a photo.

So there were three spaces missing instead of full availability.

1, 4, and 1 days spaces missing.

I can't believe anyone would have chosen those 6-days in one or three reservations.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Same, frustrating to again need to update disney+ too

at 8 am found a rare AKV value studio just past the 11month mark. clicked to book & the 7 dwarfs mocked meo_O, first & hopefully last time that happens naturally, was gone by time I regrouped.

Not a total loss, do have majority of dates needed for that trip at least with a backup reservation in place elsewhere

I had 11- days in a row showed up this afternoon planning rent, but the availability back to where it reverted to what it was this morning.

Here is what I and the renter saw an hour ago.

View attachment 534998

Next time I'll try and copy a photo.

So there were three spaces missing instead of full availability.

1, 4, and 1 days spaces missing.

I can't believe anyone would have chosen those 6-days in one or three reservations.

What do you think?

Well, my waitlist that I put in this morning for January 15 to 18th...because the 16th was gone..
came through and I got confirmation tonight. Never had it happen that fast.

It shows that one night gone now which is so strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts