• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW Carpool Poll (Feb 2002)

Choose a Carpool (Feb 2002)

• The Magic is as strong as ever

• The Magic has faded, but I am very optimistic

• The Magic is in serious jeopardy

• The Magic is lost, I'm not going back

Results are only viewable after voting.
gcurling- Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember a 5th car being added. But unless there is a public outcry, I'll just leave this one as is, rather than making everyone re-post so quickly. I think posting one of these polls every 6 months or so is a good idea, so I/we can add the 5th car next time.

I'm in car 2 1/2 (is that like one of those extended cab trucks?:) ) We just got back from vacation. Our accomodations at OKW were great, as usual. Meals were decent wherever we ate. (mostly counter service)
However, I was disappointed at the carny atmosphere in AK back in Dinoland. Especially the games---what's up with that? I worked at Kings Dominion all through high school and college. We had a huge games section there, and it was my least fave section of the park. A lot of really rough teens hung out there, and you'd see people dropping a fortune trying to win a stuffed animal. Part of the reason I've always loved WDW is that it showed what a theme park was capable of being. I've already comiserated with Lesley on a different thread regarding Pop Century. Honestly, I'd rather WDW move slowly with new stuff, and get it right, instead of just throwing stuff into the park to be able to say it's "new". Gosh, I feel so old now....is there room for my walker in car 2 1/2?

My experiences are still very Magical. Just somewhat less Magical.
Welcome to my nightmare!!

I know you're still a half a car away from me, but to tell the truth I fluctuate every so often myself. Now the fun part is watching the looks (and the responses) you get when you tell them how simply WONDERFUL WDW is and at the same time that it's going to hell!! :crazy:

Have fun!!! ;)

I am currently hanging onto the back bumper of car #2, but I may be taking a flying leap to car three following up behind. Landbaron, would you mind getting a convertible just in case I need to "drop in" ;-)?

The magic is stronger than ever. I get that feeling that i really want to go there right now but i have to wait to June 25th!

Still a devoted car #1 passenger after my trip!!!

Eeyore2U, we were just there over the weekend (were you there?) and I never thought 2days/1 night could be such fun! What MAGIC!

Landbaron, you need to visit more often and get psychatric help with your Eisner-paranoia;)
(my smiles are missing:mad: )

Mr Pirate,

We left on Sunday but only went to the parks through Saturday. It was great!!!

Have been reading this thread and the previous one ever since it started. Our most recent trip was in November and of course there were lots of changes from our previous trips.
The magic will probably always be there for me. But as someone who only gets to go to WDW about every 2 years, some of the changes are maybe more apparent to me than to those who see them coming on gradually. But then maybe those who go twice a year see more because they have time to look.
For me the changes have simply made the parks smaller. We do fewer lands at MK, take less time now to do Studios and AK, spend more time in Epcot and particularly World Showcase, and repeat our favorites more often.
We totally skip some attractions. But some are sooooo magic and remind us why we love Disney World in general.
The magic has lessened. We have been going to WDW since 1982. It isn't all good. But it's the only place we repeatedly go on vacation and always look forward to the trip. We make the most of it.
So, which car??? If I have to choose, it would be 2. But I have hopes.

Another car #2 here. I was just here and I'm still looking through my rose-colored glasses. Our room at the WL was wonderful. We never encountered one less than friendly CM, and we enjoyed just about every aspect of our trip. While things appear shaky right now, I do have the highest of hopes that a light will click on and the things we all know and love will come rushing back with all their glory! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter