New change to the pre-travel testing program to begin this Tuesday, Nov 24th

Looks like they don't have appointments on weekends - Our flight is on a Saturday. However I'm wondering if we can just go to the airport on the Thursday or Friday before and just get a rapid test? I hope Hawaii will accept their rapid test...it doesn't really say which one they accept
I just found this via the Hawaii trusted partners...lots of clinics in NJ! And they test on weekends..
https://www.afcurgentcare.com/patient-resources/hawaii-pretravel-testing/

Awesome! Maybe we will just do this and not even bother with Vault? Especially if its a rapid test.
Is that what you guys are planning on doing? We live near Morristown so maybe West Orange will be the closest
I believe we will be going this route - vault is making me a bit nervous with some not getting their results in time. Cedar Grove or West Orange is our best bet - we live out in Blairstown and we really don't mind driving if it will reduce the stress of waiting for results. Plus $50 copay is better than $119. And of course I will keep looking at Walgreen as a backup option too. If we didn't have a Sunday in our 72h window I'd be more relaxed as well. One month from today!

Does anyone have experience with the Costco option? Seems similar to Vault. Wonder if there are similar processing issues?

We've ordered Vault as our main source of testing, but may try to schedule a Walgreens backup since we live in a metro area and there are quite a few Walgreens locations, albeit not many times to chose from.

I forget, does Walgreen do testing for minors? We have one teenager along with my spouse and myself.
Also, does anyone know when the Walgreens time slots "open up" for the 3 days booking schedule?

We've ordered Vault as our main source of testing, but may try to schedule a Walgreens backup since we live in a metro area and there are quite a few Walgreens locations, albeit not many times to chose from.

I forget, does Walgreen do testing for minors? We have one teenager along with my spouse and myself.
Also, does anyone know when the Walgreens time slots "open up" for the 3 days booking schedule?

Please consider getting the back-up if you can. I so wish that I had.

A further update to my Vault saga, I mis-spoke when I said that the other members of my family received theirs timely. I clarified with my husband (DH and DS were flying out separately two days after us) that while his Vault test came back within the 24 hour promised, my sons did not and had not come in this morning as of the time of the flight they were originally scheduled to take before we cancelled out trip.

So final Vault score: 2 out of 4 delivered in accordance with vault 24 hour promise - 2 out of four were so far outside the range that the 72 hours was voided and flights were or would have been missed.

DH and DS had done a back up testing through Hawaiian's other partner in San Francisco and those came back timely.

Does anyone have experience with the Costco option? Seems similar to Vault. Wonder if there are similar processing issues?
Ta

Per Walgreens website, they say 3 and up. Not all Walgreens offers the rapid test so be sure to look for that one. And I have been stalking the site to see when new times are released - today it was 7pm EST.

We travel next month on Dec 22. We will use Vault but as a backup I saw they added a testing site in Newark Airport - I scheduled appointments for Monday for the 15 minute rapid tests. And they have some Urgent Clinics in Staten Island that are now approved but they only give out appointments 48 hours in advance...and this would be a long drive for us but we are willing to do whatever we need to do.
We leave EWR on Dec 21 and just decided to book the rapid test at the airport. I don’t want to risk Vault.

Looks like there have been a lot of issues with Tuesday and Wednesday flights. Best not to chose Vault if you are traveling those days.

Attachments

• 674894EC-E461-4A36-B6EE-F339864B95FB.jpeg
    674894EC-E461-4A36-B6EE-F339864B95FB.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23
We leave EWR on Dec 21 and just decided to book the rapid test at the airport. I don’t want to risk Vault.
Did you find out the cost of the rapid test? I've only seen the regular and the antibody prices. We too have appointments booked on the 21st...

I flew in this past Wednesday and used Walgreens rapid! Got my results in two hours and it was easy to upload to the app... definitely stressful to find an appointments but it seemed the sweet spot to book one was around 6-8pm at night

We have Vault on hand and will be logging in and taking Tuesday morning for a Friday morning nonstop flight. We have (rapid results) back up scheduled at XPresscheck-Phx Sky Harbor (this location recently added as a Trusted Partner) on Thursday mid day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter