New Countdown...Days to Retirement

too many
but less than 10 (years)..
i will start my countdown once i get within 500.. ;)

I was given a countdown clock and it started at over 1000 days. But once I got to under 400, it did seem to go faster!

....that's why you have all that free time to take those great WDW and DL vacays!

Are you tier 1? If so, it is so worth waiting to get the 25.

Australian retirement rules are very different to US.

We have the Superannuation plan; which was only mandatory since about the mid 80's or so. I guess you could say this is the 401K in US parlance. Employers have to contribute 9.5% of your salary to your superannuation account. I can also do a voluntary contribution to the account to help boost it along. I just can't touch the money until I'm 60. That's still a long way off but I'm not sure I can last till then!

So, I'm hoping to save enough money in the next 3 - 5 years to allow me to stop work and sustain me until I can access my super money. It'll mean much less vacation but I guess I can deal with it. :(

Australian retirement rules are very different to US.

We have the Superannuation plan; which was only mandatory since about the mid 80's or so. I guess you could say this is the 401K in US parlance. Employers have to contribute 9.5% of your salary to your superannuation account. I can also do a voluntary contribution to the account to help boost it along. I just can't touch the money until I'm 60. That's still a long way off but I'm not sure I can last till then!

So, I'm hoping to save enough money in the next 3 - 5 years to allow me to stop work and sustain me until I can access my super money. It'll mean much less vacation but I guess I can deal with it. :(

I don't know how it works in other states, but this was the old teachers' state pension plan, which I was fortunate to qualify for before they changed it. Since my boys were out of college, employed, and out of the house, it made the decision to go out as soon as I qualified a bit easier. Had I waited until I was 60, I could have made a little more money and put away more in my 403B. However, DH had already "retired" and was starting to spend long periods of the winter in FL and my job was increasingly more stressful. Yes, we do live a bit more frugally (literally in one room during the winter in FL), but my numbers at my physical greatly improved and I am now sleeping at night.

I don't know how it works in other states, but this was the old teachers' state pension plan, which I was fortunate to qualify for before they changed it....
....wasn't, so basically.......I'm.......s-c-r-e-w-e-d.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter