New Discounts for Early 2021 - Jan 3 through April 17 - Added October 21

JoJoGirl

Riding the Hydrolator to SeaBase Alpha
AP and GP offers live now! Go Get ‘Em!

General Public: Save up to 35% most nights January 3 through April 17. Offer type: Room.

AP: Save up to 40% most nights January 3 through April 17. Offer Type: Room.

More Details:

General Public -

Save Up to 35% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels in Early 2021

Save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021.

Book through March 15, 2021.

There’s so much to explore and enjoy when you stay at a Disney Resort hotel at Walt Disney World Resort. Below, discover some of the enchantment that awaits you here.

Enjoy added peace of mind when booking! You can modify or cancel your reservation with extra flexibility through April 30, 2021. See Important Details.

The health and well-being of our Guests and Cast Members continues to be a top priority and we’ve implemented new measures to promote enhanced cleaning, physical distancing and reduced contact. Learn more about these efforts via the Know Before You Go section below.

This offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View the chart to explore savings within each Resort Category.

Resort CategoryResort SavingsResort Savings

Select Disney Deluxe Villas
Save Up to 35%Save Up to 25%

Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save Up to 35%Save Up to 25%

Select Disney Moderate Resorts
Save Up to 25%Save Up to 15%

Select Disney Value Resorts
Save Up to 20%Save Up to 10%

Annual Passholder:

Passholders: Save Up to 40% on Rooms in Early 2021

Stay in the middle of the magic with this great room offer for travel in early 2021—and make the most of your annual pass!

Annual Passholders can save up to 40% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights January 3 through April 17, 2021.

Book through April 17, 2021.

There’s still so much to explore and enjoy when you stay at a Disney Resort hotel at Walt Disney World Resort.

Enjoy added peace of mind when booking! You can modify or cancel your reservation with extra flexibility through April 30, 2021. See Important Details.

The health and well-being of our Guests and Cast Members continues to be a top priority and we’ve implemented new measures to promote enhanced cleaning, physical distancing and reduced contact. Learn more about these efforts via the Know Before You Go section below.

This offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View the chart to explore savings within each Resort Category.

Resort CategoryResort Savings

Select Disney Deluxe Villas
Save Up to 40%

Select Disney Deluxe Resorts
Save Up to 40%

Select Disney Moderate Resorts
Save Up to 35%

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
Save Up to 30%

Last edited:

Ha! I sort of had the opposite first impression given the weekend rates being 10% less. Granted a lot of our trips are long weekends, so it impacts me more.

Don't mind the AP rate though!
Hey, at least there's a weekend discount. Not that long ago, the AP rate was a rack rate on the weekends. And it wasn't spelled out. Only if you looked at the rate information per day, or were booking only weekend dates, was it clear that the weekend wasn't discounted at all. If you were booking, for example a week and didn't look at the rate information, you would think you were getting a discount for every day.

I feel like I'm missing something. If I try to book for the last week in March with the discount, it's HIGHER than the exact trip we were thinking about doing in August? Are the rooms priced differently at different times? It's showing a discount, but showing the original price of the room (for art of animation suite) significantly higher than the original price in August.

I feel like I'm missing something. If I try to book for the last week in March with the discount, it's HIGHER than the exact trip we were thinking about doing in August? Are the rooms priced differently at different times? It's showing a discount, but showing the original price of the room (for art of animation suite) significantly higher than the original price in August.
The rooms prices vary considerably by time of the year. Mid/late August can be one of the cheapest times to travel. It's worthwhile to look at the rack rates for different periods! (for example, our Spring Break in 2021 falls during the early April 'Easter' period; it's much higher than the Aug 20 - Sept 2 'value' period).

https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/

The rooms prices vary considerably by time of the year. Mid/late August can be one of the cheapest times to travel. It's worthwhile to look at the rack rates for different periods! (for example, our Spring Break in 2021 falls during the early April 'Easter' period; it's much higher than the Aug 20 - Sept 2 'value' period).

https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/https://www.mousesavers.com/2021-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/
ohh.. wasn't thinking of spring break! (we homeschool lol) I'll look around at other dates in the period. Thank you!

Question on getting an AP discount on rooms - I have a AP voucher (for just my daughter) and got an AP discount for a room in January.

I don't plan on activating the AP until after we check-in. Since we wouldn't go into a park until the next day. Do they need to see the AP card at check-in or something? I guess I could run to Disney Springs on check-in day to activate it then.

Also .. (because I am debating NOT using the AP) .. what happens if I decide not to activate that AP? Do they just charge me rack rate or would I be able to get the non-AP discount at that time?

I guess I am just debating if 2021 is a year to use an AP .. with all the entertainment cuts and restrictions, I am seriously debating just holding on to that AP and just buying my daughter a normal 5-day no hopper ticket (the rest of us have old 5-day no hopper tickets bought years ago).

Question on getting an AP discount on rooms - I have a AP voucher (for just my daughter) and got an AP discount for a room in January.

I don't plan on activating the AP until after we check-in. Since we wouldn't go into a park until the next day. Do they need to see the AP card at check-in or something? I guess I could run to Disney Springs on check-in day to activate it then.

Also .. (because I am debating NOT using the AP) .. what happens if I decide not to activate that AP? Do they just charge me rack rate or would I be able to get the non-AP discount at that time?

I guess I am just debating if 2021 is a year to use an AP .. with all the entertainment cuts and restrictions, I am seriously debating just holding on to that AP and just buying my daughter a normal 5-day no hopper ticket (the rest of us have old 5-day no hopper tickets bought years ago).
My experience is that because it is all in MDE, there isn't a need to show a physical AP. For example, last year, staying CL, I had to have them scan my bands and the first thing that pops up under your name is the type of AP you have. I've been thanked for being a Passholder when I have booked CL and have had interactions with the CL front desk (and I booked CL with a Passholder discount), so it seems someone has checked our AP eligibility at some point of our stay. The first time we had an AP, we arrived on a Saturday and accessed our room before our APs were activated (they were activated the next day) and it wasn't a problem. They have access to all this info online and I think they are pretty reasonable that if you have been traveling all day, you may not get to activate your AP on your arrival day.

When you book an AP rate you agree to the Terms and Conditions for that rate. The Terms and Conditions do state that you MUST have a valid annual pass at check-in (it's listed under eligibility). A voucher is not an annual pass.

"Eligibility
Passholder must present a valid Walt Disney World Pass at check-in."

As I mentioned, I think they are pretty lenient about the travel day and allow the AP to be activated on your next day, and that with MDE, they check for this without you having to physically present it. If you are not sure if you will have an active AP in your account, you should make a second booking with the General Public discount. That way you have a discounted rate in case you do not meet the AP eligibility. Room only reservations can be cancelled without any penalty up to 5 days in advance. That should give you time to figure out if you are going to use the AP or not.

Just to clarify, in my mind, the last night of stay for the discounted rate would be the 17th correct? Someone told me that if you reservation starts on the 17th you would get the, in our case, 7 nights at the discounted rate but I didn't want to start an argument so wanted to post it here instead.

Just to clarify, in my mind, the last night of stay for the discounted rate would be the 17th correct? Someone told me that if you reservation starts on the 17th you would get the, in our case, 7 nights at the discounted rate but I didn't want to start an argument so wanted to post it here instead.
Correct. Room discounts are per night. You could even have some nights discounted and some nights at rack rate (for example, last year we saw a lot of AP discounts Sun - Thurs and rack rates on Fri and Sat). Package discounts, such as Free Dining and Stay, Play, Dine are based on check-in date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter