New Disney Bride-to-be here!

PosadaGirl519

Mouseketeer
Hey all! CONGRATS!

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to these boards. We just had our Wedding Pavillion appointment during Fay. Looking at the Boardwalk very early December 2009... despite the icky weather, we fell head-over-heels in love with it!

I am sure my mounting millions of questions have already been answered in previous posts, so I am going to poke around a bit before asking away.

However, I need to know, are there other Long Island Disney brides here? I am in the middle of Catering-topia (a.k.a. Wedding Factory land). Disney is so different!

<3 Maureen

Welcome to the boards!! I used to live in oceanside, ny... but am stuck down south now.. lol!!

Welcome!! :banana: Congrats on your engagement!!!

I can't wait to hear about your plans! I am getting married at SBP on the boardwalk in February so if you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

I grew up on Long Island (East Meadow) but live in Orlando now. But I can probably relate to Long Island venues/vendors if you want to vent/talk. My friends got married on Long Island (The Swan, Garden City Hotel, East Meadow Jewish Center...) so I'm not unfamiliar with it! I'm only 25 so I haven't been away too long!

LOL... bridetobe, I worked many part time jobs in Oceanside in HS & College. Bet you don't miss the landfill on a hot day.

PixyDust, I lived in a basement in E Meadow for 2 years! It was my first apartment :)

YAY! I am not alone!

We gradually came to the decision to wed in Disney. The Wedding Pavilion explained that NYers don't like planning weddings in under 12 months (TRUE!... because we have to fight each other for the same 500 catering halls) so we book 2 years in advance. Since it is so unpopular around here, we had never heard about it.

I knew I did not want the Long Island wedding. I don't care to Keep Up with the Jonses. Nor did we want to spend the day greeting the 50 people we wanted there, and the other 300 our parents wanted there. Same catering halls, same 'chicken steak or fish', same music, same format of billions of pictures, then dancing inconveniently mashed into a 7 course meal... nah, not for us.

We knew we didn't want it here, but then where? We weren't going to ask our guests to get passports just for our wedding. We thought of dozens of isolated locations (i.e., The Poconos) but I realized that was at least a week with my DMiL... a lovely lady... in small doses ;) We were actually leaning towards Vegas... until March 2 2005, when we boarded the monorail bound for MK. We passed the Wedding Pavilion and both of our jaws hit the floor.

We tried to convince every couple we knew to get married there. I mean, it wasn't for us... we weren't Mickey Mouse people. We were fun road-tripping roller coaster fanatics! We LOVE Thrill Rides. If he and I have at least 2 free days together, we jump in the car and drive to an amusement park. The longest trip was 9 hours to Sandusky OH... and so worth it! Anyway, we've been on over 100 different roller coaster together. We are Thrill Park people.

Why do I share all of this with you? Because I know you all understand me when I say that the seed that was planted 3 years ago was pure magic. I have been converted! I believe in MAGIC!

Not only is there this wonderful connection to both of us as individuals with the childhood memories of magical family vacations, but also the romance he and I felt in that one day...

you know, there really is something about pure bliss. Something so special about letting go of all pretensions and graciously extracting the joy out of life...

But it turns out to be a very smart maneuver for us to make business wise. Lets face it, having a wedding is a massive undertaking and I have no idea what I could be in for or how much this is all going to cost. It makes the most sense to give my business and my money to the institution with a phenomenal reputation that is going to take care of everything for one lump sum!

Anyway, suffice to say that 4 weeks ago, we were there for our initial Wedding Pavilion Ferdricks Studio consultation. We took the opportunity to make it a full vacation and try out all the amenities that are going to be available to our wedding guests. Not a one of us (we were 10 people at one point!) had ever vacationed in the full Disney experience. We were going to try it out soup to nuts!

We stayed at All Star Sports, got the DDP, the whole schebang for admission tix, ate in EPCOT, had dinner with Cinderella one night, resort hopped... it was silly! Fay slowed us down but we were never bored. And we took our time and enjoyed ourselves. Its not like we aren't going to be back a bunch. :)

I had a Magical Experience!

After seeing how much Disney rewards you for handing them your money, I have no qualms what-so-ever about this decision to be a Disney Bride. The whole Princess Bride scenario didn't hit me until we were touring the Wedding Pavilion and a maid just turned on A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.... I did good though, I only cried 4 times during the meeting with Pam :)... i still cry every time I watch the wedding DVD. And I am addicted to We Style and FLN for all their wedding shows... i vow NOT to be a Bridezilla. I'll be BrideChilla... because I'm getting married in the happiest place on Earth, to my very best friend, at Christmas!

... Listen to me going on and on! I am soooooo excited!!!!!!

Why did everyone else pick Disney?

After seeing how much Disney rewards you for handing them your money, I have no qualms what-so-ever about this decision to be a Disney Bride. The whole Princess Bride scenario didn't hit me until we were touring the Wedding Pavilion and a maid just turned on A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.... I did good though, I only cried 4 times during the meeting with Pam :)... i still cry every time I watch the wedding DVD. And I am addicted to We Style and FLN for all their wedding shows... i vow NOT to be a Bridezilla. I'll be BrideChilla... because I'm getting married in the happiest place on Earth, to my very best friend, at Christmas!

Amen sister! I totally agree with what you're saying! :thumbsup2 BTW - which Pam is that? I have Pam as my WC (wedding coordinator).

I was originally going to go to Jamaica, but once I looked at the crime rate and the fact that we would be stuck on a resort without being to go anywhere, Disney made sense to me. It's one of my fav. places ever! :lovestruc

And oh yeah - welcome to the boards! :wizard:

LOL... bridetobe, I worked many part time jobs in Oceanside in HS & College. Bet you don't miss the landfill on a hot day.

PixyDust, I lived in a basement in E Meadow for 2 years! It was my first apartment :)

YAY! I am not alone!

We gradually came to the decision to wed in Disney. The Wedding Pavilion explained that NYers don't like planning weddings in under 12 months (TRUE!... because we have to fight each other for the same 500 catering halls) so we book 2 years in advance. Since it is so unpopular around here, we had never heard about it.

I knew I did not want the Long Island wedding. I don't care to Keep Up with the Jonses. Nor did we want to spend the day greeting the 50 people we wanted there, and the other 300 our parents wanted there. Same catering halls, same 'chicken steak or fish', same music, same format of billions of pictures, then dancing inconveniently mashed into a 7 course meal... nah, not for us.

We knew we didn't want it here, but then where? We weren't going to ask our guests to get passports just for our wedding. We thought of dozens of isolated locations (i.e., The Poconos) but I realized that was at least a week with my DMiL... a lovely lady... in small doses ;) We were actually leaning towards Vegas... until March 2 2005, when we boarded the monorail bound for MK. We passed the Wedding Pavilion and both of our jaws hit the floor.

We tried to convince every couple we knew to get married there. I mean, it wasn't for us... we weren't Mickey Mouse people. We were fun road-tripping roller coaster fanatics! We LOVE Thrill Rides. If he and I have at least 2 free days together, we jump in the car and drive to an amusement park. The longest trip was 9 hours to Sandusky OH... and so worth it! Anyway, we've been on over 100 different roller coaster together. We are Thrill Park people.

Why do I share all of this with you? Because I know you all understand me when I say that the seed that was planted 3 years ago was pure magic. I have been converted! I believe in MAGIC!

Not only is there this wonderful connection to both of us as individuals with the childhood memories of magical family vacations, but also the romance he and I felt in that one day...

you know, there really is something about pure bliss. Something so special about letting go of all pretensions and graciously extracting the joy out of life...

But it turns out to be a very smart maneuver for us to make business wise. Lets face it, having a wedding is a massive undertaking and I have no idea what I could be in for or how much this is all going to cost. It makes the most sense to give my business and my money to the institution with a phenomenal reputation that is going to take care of everything for one lump sum!

Anyway, suffice to say that 4 weeks ago, we were there for our initial Wedding Pavilion Ferdricks Studio consultation. We took the opportunity to make it a full vacation and try out all the amenities that are going to be available to our wedding guests. Not a one of us (we were 10 people at one point!) had ever vacationed in the full Disney experience. We were going to try it out soup to nuts!

We stayed at All Star Sports, got the DDP, the whole schebang for admission tix, ate in EPCOT, had dinner with Cinderella one night, resort hopped... it was silly! Fay slowed us down but we were never bored. And we took our time and enjoyed ourselves. Its not like we aren't going to be back a bunch. :)

I had a Magical Experience!

... Listen to me going on and on! I am soooooo excited!!!!!!

Congrats on becoming a future Disney Bride!!!!! I live in New Jersey but my family is originally from Oyster Bay, LI! I am so excited to hear about your plans!!

welcome to the dis

We chose disney so that we could have something different from every other wedding we've been to.

Congrats and can't wait to read more!

Linz xxx :)

We are doing VR for our 20th anniversary at disney with our family. We chose dsiney for several reasons because our first trip to WDW was on our HM and we have spent many family vacations there since- we have alot of wonderful memories and it just seemed like the natural choice for us. we enjoy our times at disney and want to share it with our family. good luck with all your plans.:goodvibes

BTW - which Pam is that? I have Pam as my WC (wedding coordinator).

Meg, Pam Pearce. Really pretty blond haired blue eyed...

Okay, here's a good question. Tell me about Rehearsal Dinners and Fare Well Breakfasts. What have people done for each?

Yay! I this is super-fun!

Hi! Congrats and welcome to the boards! You will find tons of useful information here! :thumbsup2 We chose Disney because we wanted a small, intimate wedding and Disney is just so special to us! :goodvibes There were no locations around here that even come close to what Disney can offer! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter