Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the permit that was filed for the ground samples of the wetland areas. This permit is available for the public to see. The red circle is River County. So... yeah, about 13 to 15 red circles... 30838C99-C64D-4FB2-ACA6-0718CBBDC15A.jpeg

This is the permit that was filed for the ground samples of the wetland areas. This permit is available for the public to see. The red circle is River County. So... yeah, about 13 to 15 red circles... View attachment 366332

Thanks for posting that on here. Looked through all 10 pages for nothing.

So this isn't the final/clear plan obv. They must be building including RC I would assume (Red circle). Everything seems to be south and west otherwise on unused land, except for the odd spot north-wonder what that is. If they are building all the way to that-awful news for RC IMO. They wouldn't even have lake access.

Ugh! I know that! I was responding to someone who wasn’t sure the size of River Country. I can’t post anything to get anyone in trouble...
I got something for ya.
Here ya go...without telling the whole truth...View attachment 366333

Yea I would have never guessed that at all. Agree they could have gone much further south and west.

Great info though thanks.

Ugh! I know that! I was responding to someone who wasn’t sure the size of River Country. I can’t post anything to get anyone in trouble...
I got something for ya.
Here ya go...without telling the whole truth...View attachment 366333
Thanks for the hints of whatever information you have. I think that Fort people get riled up because there is so much land back there that could be used and by all indications, it’s a PARKING LOT that is most going to infringe on the Fort (the beach issue is a whole different animal that I haven’t fully processed). Parking is such a noxious use, ugly, loud, and harsh.
I don’t mind a new resort in the area and I’m looking forward to adding it to our monorail/boat bar crawl, what I do mind is designing things to save a few bucks that negatively impacts quite a few people. Hopefully, the leaked plans were a design phase before final and things have been cleaned up. Fingers crossed.

Reflections? Sounds like a rehab center

We have the wilderness lodge. I don’t know why we need more nature resorts. Be original Disney

I was just about to say it should be called "Reflections - Disney's Take on A Hilton Resort".

If this is "nature themed" then what do they consider AKL and WL? This monstrosity belongs on I4 amongst all the other generic hotels and apartment complexes.

If this is "nature themed" then what do they consider AKL and WL? This monstrosity belongs on I4 amongst all the other generic hotels and apartment complexes.

I think judging this resort based on a single rendering of the entrance drive is short sighted. No, it won't be themed like VWL or AKL but those resorts already exist. If Disney had said, we dont need AKL because we already have a nature themed resort in VWL that would be a sad thing. There are many ways to do something as broad as "nature themed."

It looks like this is going to be prairie school or style. Here are a couple examples of that architecture blending with nature.

fallingwater.jpg 501328-FLW-HoulihanLawrence.jpg large.jpg

I wouldn't assume that the company who brought you so many well themed resorts you love is going to deliver a Hilton and call it nature themed.

I'm optimistic that we might get something totally unexpected. We will have to wait and see.

I think judging this resort based on a single rendering of the entrance drive is short sighted. No, it won't be themed like VWL or AKL but those resorts already exist. If Disney had said, we dont need AKL because we already have a nature themed resort in VWL that would be a sad thing. There are many ways to do something as broad as "nature themed."

It looks like this is going to be prairie school or style. Here are a couple examples of that architecture blending with nature.

View attachment 366545 View attachment 366546 View attachment 366547

I wouldn't assume that the company who brought you so many well themed resorts you love is going to deliver a Hilton and call it nature themed.

I'm optimistic that we might get something totally unexpected. We will have to wait and see.

I hope you are right. It does give me pause though since recent Disney room renovations have definitely moved further from themed rooms and slides towards the generic “Hilton” look. One can only hope that at least the outside of the resort will be “ nature themed” to some degree with a few little sprinkles of nature making it into the rooms.

One can only hope that at least the outside of the resort will be “ nature themed” to some degree with a few little sprinkles of nature making it into the rooms.

Yea I'm curious how much they will integrate the lake shore on this, and what the pool area/views and facilities will be.

You are correct IMO that "outside" the resort can have a lot to do with theming.

View attachment 366545 View attachment 366546 View attachment 366547

I completely agree. We are Chicago based and have many examples here and in Wisconsin of Frank Lloyd Wright’s prairie style that bends in perfectly with their surroundings.

Gee, do you think DVC is Disney's Cash Cow?

Disclaimer: I am an owner though not real thrilled about the building of new ones. Wish they would build a 5th park for all the guests to go to.

:thumbsup2
This is desperately needed. JMHO. I'm done with Disney parks for a long while. I can't take the mob crowds even at off peak times. At least the cruise line has caps in place that keep it from overcrowding. :cloud9:

I guess since there's barely any evening EMH anymore, there's no reason they can't jam in 5 more hotels with onsite perks. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:thumbsup2
This is desperately needed. I'm done with Disney parks for a long while. I can't take the mob crowds even at off peak times. At least the cruise line has caps in place that keep it from overcrowding. :cloud9:

I guess since there's barely any evening EMH anymore, there's no reason they can't jam in 5 more hotels with onsite perks. :rolleyes:
It’s not desperately needed and not incredibly feasible. Disney needs to expand and fix the current parks with better flow and more to do.

Yea I'm curious how much they will integrate the lake shore on this, and what the pool area/views and facilities will be.
The WL and the CC Cabins kept the lake edge and sections of "wetlands" intact. We stayed at the cabins a couple times and the lake edge is really beautiful. I would assume they will do the same thing with this resort

Building more resorts has nothing to do with the parks or how crowded they are. Building more resorts only impacts the non-disney hotels as more guests decide to stay on Disney property rather than off-site.

Building more resorts has nothing to do with the parks or how crowded they are. Building more resorts only impacts the non-disney hotels as more guests decide to stay on Disney property rather than off-site.
To a point yes. Not everyone can afford the Disney resort price though which is why many stay off site.

I'd be happy with the resort if it looks like loutoo's pics and has a grand lobby that looks like an indoor forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter