Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WL and the CC Cabins kept the lake edge and sections of "wetlands" intact. We stayed at the cabins a couple times and the lake edge is really beautiful. I would assume they will do the same thing with this resort

Jealous.

Not a huge fan of WL transportation, but those sound/look awesome.

We caught up to 7 pound bass again last month just off W Campground, so might be interested in a stay there on points. No wasted time getting there on the boat.

We have been to WDW so many times since the kids were little. I have/had 4 so we pulled an RV to Fort Wilderness for many year. It was so much fun and it was a way we could affordably go. We did stay at AOA and Fort Cabins once using either free dining or military discount. Now that my kids are older we have to do a VRBO. My husband and I both work good jobs but how in the world can families do $400 to $600/night and up? Granted we need two or more rooms and not everyone does but the prices are crazy. I hope this hotel is on the moderate range.

It will be interesting how the resort ‘blends’ in with the surrounding area like Wilderness Lodge does so well. Do you think they will put boat transportation on so you can access Magic Kingdom via the Seven Seas “Lagoon?

It will be interesting how the resort ‘blends’ in with the surrounding area like Wilderness Lodge does so well. Do you think they will put boat transportation on so you can access Magic Kingdom via the Seven Seas “Lagoon?
I’d think that’d be the case. Gotta give the new resort a theme park perk and that seems the easiest choice

Do you think they will put boat transportation on so you can access Magic Kingdom via the Seven Seas “Lagoon?
I can't imagine that they wouldn't do this. Its a simple matter of building another pier like those at WL and FW. Perhaps using larger boats or run them more frequently.

I can't imagine that they wouldn't do this. Its a simple matter of building another pier like those at WL and FW. Perhaps using larger boats or run them more frequently.

My guess is you would see the one boat for three resorts now turn into two different boats. CR and WL would probably share, and FW and the new place would probably share.

We have been to WDW so many times since the kids were little. I have/had 4 so we pulled an RV to Fort Wilderness for many year. It was so much fun and it was a way we could affordably go. We did stay at AOA and Fort Cabins once using either free dining or military discount. Now that my kids are older we have to do a VRBO. My husband and I both work good jobs but how in the world can families do $400 to $600/night and up? Granted we need two or more rooms and not everyone does but the prices are crazy. I hope this hotel is on the moderate range.

There are no moderate DVCs so that wont be happening Im afraid. This will definitely be a new Deluxe resort with DVC rooms.
https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/...disney-vacation-club-disneys-fort-wilderness/

Can not wait for this resort!

I know it’s gotten flack but I think t looks gorgeous and will have some great amenities.

We didn’t hold off buying DVC here since my wife loves AKL and we had the money this year, but I hope to be able to stay here at the 7 month mark one year...

Planning to buy resale at AKV too, but I can hopefully get a week at a studio with banked 160 points total at some point. I won’t consider resale here unless it becomes my number 1 resort given the Legacy 14 exclusion, and not rolling in the dough to prioritize a direct contract here.

Can not wait for this resort!

I know it’s gotten flack but I think t looks gorgeous and will have some great amenities.

We didn’t hold off buying DVC here since my wife loves AKL and we had the money this year, but I hope to be able to stay here at the 7 month mark one year...

Planning to buy resale at AKV too, but I can hopefully get a week at a studio with banked 160 points total at some point. I won’t consider resale here unless it becomes my number 1 resort given the Legacy 14 exclusion, and not rolling in the dough to prioritize a direct contract here.

AKV is the best man :) We might give this resort a shot as well. My plan will be to go for it the first year its open. We've been able to do that elsewhere at the 7month mark.

AKV is the best man :) We might give this resort a shot as well. My plan will be to go for it the first year its open. We've been able to do that elsewhere at the 7month mark.

Yes, the first year of operation is usually the best opportunity to stay in a new DVC resort. When they're actively selling, DVD owns a higher percentage of points, making them available to non-owners. And when they declare more units into the condominium, waitlists fill!

Possible leaked concept art for this resort:

94A83A24-0FF3-4EC0-9425-867E974BD3A4.png

Really interesting accommodations going on here.

6 on the water accommodations
11-12 on the water cabin type accommodations
Regular type hotel structure as noted in original concept art
Appears to have a lazy river
On the water dining?

That looks pretty good. But my first impression of those "on the water" accommodations were boats. But looking at it more closely the throughput through those docks don't make sense for transportation.

Looks good to me.

View attachment 387937

On the water dining?

Interesting. Also nature inspired might be one of the last things I would call that...

A River Country homage would be nice with a lazy river.

Like the on water stuff.
The main building, I can go either way on that. The interior design and public spaces mean a bit more to me.

View attachment 387937

On the water dining?
Where did this rendering come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!