New GCH construction photos

newfamilyman

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We spent the night last night at the GCH and were given an ideal view of the construction-to-be. We could barely see the electric parade through the trees, strongly suggesting that the higher floors with theme park views of the new wing will have a great view of the parade.

This first picture shows the former valet parking lot:

1316582303_8242ab7fe6_b.jpg

This photo shows the former field:

1316595079_c86192e2f9_b.jpg

This photo shows the end of the field that borders the pool on one side and DCA on the other:

1316593169_13402a6ec4_b.jpg

And finally, for those interested in nostalgia, here is the former private DCA entrance for PP hotel guests:

1316597271_229005a84c_b.jpg

Great photos newfamilyman! This set really shows just what a great location these new Villas are in. The Mulhulland Madness you see in the photo (Sisiter coaster to Primeval Whirl at DAK) will be moved to the scrap heap soon (Where it belongs). This will free up the view even more.

For those of you not familiar with DCA, the parade route is right near this area, as well as the Paradise Pier lagoon. What this means is, many of the new villas (at least 50 %) will have a view of both the parade route (with the Electrical Parade, and the new Pixar parade coming next May) and the new lagoon water/fireworks show being created by Steven Davidson (of Wishes/Remember Dreams come true fireworks fame). Instead of staking out a spot to view these events, you can just sit on your balconies and watch!

I can't wait, I always wanted to go to Disneyland but never got there, so now being DVC & having AMEX poitns for the flight there is no excuse. When is this supposed to be done I amv ery excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter