New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
Good morning and happy April fools day! Wouldn't it be nice is this whole CV-19 thing was just an April fools joke and everything went back to normal right now? I sure wish it was so. :o

Our dog goes on a walk around 4 every day with my hubby. First we go for a ride, and I drop them off, so, the starting place varies which both enjoy. ( I walk with a cane, and we all do go for at least one walk a day beginning at home. Yesterday we rode next to the promenade and people were walking in the street, next to the promenade. Again, not many people at all, but those that did lost the view of the Atlantic. So yes, I think the decision to close was a sad one. But maybe, it was to thwart an Easter Parade.

Good point about the Easter Parade. We do need to follow the directives for social distancing and a parade doesn't sound like it would work to well with those directives.

I have a park with walking path across the street from my house, planning on taking a walk a little later today. It's such a beautiful day can't miss the opportunity to get some fresh air.

Keep safe and well everyone. :wizard:

So fellow NJ DVCers, does anyone have an August trip planned and are you considering cancelling? We'll have our family of four plus three friends for a Sweet 16. We're driving down but because of school schedules, we wouldn't be able to reschedule a trip until the following summer.

Do you think we will be safe in Jan? I too have a trip planned for the later part of Jan 2021 and I'm hoping that trip is safe. Not sure if we are going to be advised to get vaccinated for CV-19 but if so I'm guessing no vaccine will be ready by that time. I guess it's a wait and see at this point...

Do you think we will be safe in Jan? I too have a trip planned for the later part of Jan 2021 and I'm hoping that trip is safe. Not sure if we are going to be advised to get vaccinated for CV-19 but if so I'm guessing no vaccine will be ready by that time. I guess it's a wait and see at this point...
I assume there won’t be a vaccine by then. My fear is that if it turns out to in fact be seasonal, it might be making a return trip by then.

So fellow NJ DVCers, does anyone have an August trip planned and are you considering cancelling? We'll have our family of four plus three friends for a Sweet 16. We're driving down but because of school schedules, we wouldn't be able to reschedule a trip until the following summer.
I'm holding out hope somehow we can go so I don't plan on considering cancelling to a week or two after July 4th

If August isn’t good, then I think the whole summer could be cancelled.

I’m hoping for an effective treatment, since it seems a vaccine could take a year.

It‘s sunny here in Cape May which is a definite improvement! How is everyone this morning?

Morning! So far so good. Was feeling a little crappy last night, but feel better this morning. How about you? I love waking up to a beautiful sunny day. ☀

Thank you!
I’m feeling good, hubby too. Gus is curled up by the fireplace, gas. It’s still cooler outside than we feel comfortable with.

Thank you!
I’m feeling good, hubby too. Gus is curled up by the fireplace, gas. It’s still cooler outside than we feel comfortable with.

I still have the heat jacked up! I’m always cold!! 😆 Happy you are all well!!! Hope you enjoy this beautiful day!

My car battery went dead last week, and all neighbors help to charge hasn’t worked. We thought we would wait for crisis to be over to deal with it. Tom needs a project, we all do, so, he called the tow company and is taking care of it now.

Good morning! Yes it is a beautiful day today, a bright sunny day does help to lift the spirits. We will go for a walk a little later today, can't pass up the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine.

Before this whole thing started I build the Lego Cinderella Castle, it was a fun project. If I had known I would be on lockdown for so long I would have waited! Yesterday I made myself a very long list of jobs I need to do around the house (spring cleaning, ugh!). I have been feeling a little down because I know I can't go anywhere and even if I could there's no place to go because everything is pretty much closed. I feel much better when I'm busy and know I have accomplished something.

I hope we all have a happy and pleasant day. Keep healthy and safe! :wizard:

Good morning! They closed the beach access and promenade walk yesterday in Cape May. I never noticed large gatherings there, but a few people.

I think they're trying to curb the seasonal folks from quarantining at the shore and taxing your local resources. No beach or boardwalk might as well stay home. :-)

I've got a May and a June trip planned that I haven't even considered canceling yet, I'm going with a wait and see attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!