kentdebbie

Earning My Ears
Hi to everyone,
have just found this site from Simon V's book which is brilliant.
The tips as I have been reading through are mind boggling but
great. I am a first timer to WDW, we are going on 30th april for 2
weeks, there is 11 adults and 3 kids, all one family. My mum and
dad are going for the golf as they have been before, my 2 brother
20yrs and 22, 1 sister, another sister, her husband and boy's 3yrs
and 1yr out there, my husband, son 19yrs and his girlfreind 18yrs
and my daughter 13yrs. We are staying in a 6 bed house. If any
body has any tips on keeping sane with this lot I would be most
grateful, as I left home many years ago and the thought of living
with this lot is quite daunting. Not quite with the abbreiveations
on words that I've seen but trying to work them out.
Thanks kentdebbie :crazy:

Welcome to the boards Debbie - That's quite a crew of you going - My one tip would be make sure you get time out on your own otherwise I think you could go mad! Good luck and have a great trip.

Welcome Kentdebbie,

I always stay in a villa when I go, but can't tell you how to keep sane because I have never been with that many people, just my own family.
But just wanted to say welcome to the DIS.

Hi there Debbie ansd welcome :) :) :)
I would say it is essential to have enough transport for each section of the family to do things independently when they want to.
In the parks you could consider having two way radios to keep in contact with other family members so that each can go at their own pace.
I think you need to have a discussion in advance on housekeeping matters so they don't become an issue when you are out there.
Each family might like to find out more about each park and what they have to offer - the younger ones may prefer Disney whilst the teens and up may enjoy the bigger rides at Islands Of Adventure. There is something for everyone and the key is to ensure that everyone gets to do what they want to do whilst being able to compromise. This is definitely going to involve splitting up when necessary.
Please feel free to keep those questions coming :)

Hi Debbie

~~*~~Welcome to the UKDis! ~~*~~

Wow - that is some party your travelling with :)

There are a lot of us on these boards that enjoy Villa holidays - me being one of them, so I expect you'll get plenty of tips :)

Are you hiring more than one vehicle? This might be an option that would give the opportunity for some 'Private' time :)

I know a group of family and friends that went before (10 I think) they hired a big People Carrier for when they were all together, but also hired a small car (the smallest available)
so that if one couple wanted to go off for a meal or some private time, they could. This might be worth considering. :)

One tip I would give - if you like to drink tea, take your own Tea Bags. They just dont seem to have Tea right in the USA! LOL (laughing out loud)

Here is a useful link to a lot of the abbreviations you will see used on the boards: Abbreviations here on the Dis!

Hope this all helps - but do fire away with any other questions, we are all just happy to help. If you post a new thread for each subject you will get lots of answers specific to that query :)

LOL Janice :D We both hit the submit button at exactly the same time :D - sorry if we 've repeated ourselves Debbie :D

Hello Debbie,
I,ve never done a villa hol at wdw and certainly not with that amount of people!

Just thought i'd join the others with a BIG WELCOME:wave: :wave: :wave: to the boards,
Hope you enjoy your time spent here, we're a helpful bunch(if a bit mad at times! lol)

Hear you real soon!
Luv Audrey
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:bounce:

I would also echo - hire a couple of cars, it's going to be really important to have some private time - it might be an idea to just arrange to meet up for dinner each night and then let each family do it's own thing during the day. that way you are getting to spend time together, but aren't tripping over each other all day.

Bev

Hi Debbie

Welcome to the boards:wave:

I would just like to say definetly hire enough cars for each family.
We were part of a family of 10, staying in a villa and it was essential to be able to just get in our car and go and do our own thing ;)

Debbie

Don't have any advice to add to the good advice you've already received,I just wanted to say ,Hi!

We are a family of only 5 and we barely keep our sanity and we only have 3 teens;)

Hi Debbie :wave: and welcome to the DIS UK boards.

I don't have any advice about the large group in a villa question - but as we'll be doing a similar thing in October, I'd love to hear how you got on when you get back!

Ask away with any other queries you may have about your trip, it sounds as though you'll have plenty to think about in the next few weeks :)

Hi everyone,

thank you all for answering and welcoming me to DIS. We have 3 cars,
2 are 7 seaters, and a smaller 1 for mum and dad to go golf, or us to use.
At the moment I have no new questions but I proberly will in the furture.
Oh just thought of 1, I've seen mentioned about E-Nites, what are they?
Thanks to WDWfanuk, about housekeeping, will have to make up a rota
for that I think, mind you it usually works at xmas ect when we are all together.
Hilary how many of you going? I will definatly tell you how we get on, and we will
take lots of T-bags.
Once again, thank you all for replying.

Debbie.:wave:

Hi and welcome to the DIS!

E-nites are special nights held once or twice a week when a few rides in the Magic Kingdom (MK) are opened to on site guests only, for 3 hours after the park is closed - so unfortunately you won't be able to take advantage this trip.

Whereabouts in Kent are you from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter