New nighttime show at Universal

Just announced with some details, "Summer 2018" -- weather delays pushed the date back a bit from end of June.

Two articles:

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/new-universal-orlandos-cinematic-celebration/

and

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2018/06/14/exclusive-new-cinematic-nighttime-show-at-universal-
orlando-will-celebrate-harry-potter-more/

are two articles about it

It is a 19 minute long show that includes Harry Potter, Jurassic World, Tolls, Minions, ET, Fast & Furious segments among others with a new 6500 person capacity purpose built viewing area in the Central Park section of Studios.

Some quotes from the articles:

"And, it’s all seamlessly projected on full panoramic water screens, accented by pyrotechnics and – for the first time ever – more than 120 dancing fountains with projection mapping. The entire waterfront of the Universal Studios lagoon and surrounding buildings will transform into a vivid celebration of epic movie moments and beloved characters."

“It’s something we haven’t been able to do outside of the ride attractions. There’s a moment where you see the New York facades start to freeze, and we know what happens when things are freezing! It means Dementors are near. There’s a Dementor moment that will happen over the water, and of course the culmination of that is Harry appearing in the end, and casting ‘Expecto Patronum’!

“In that victory moment light will literally pour from the lagoon – the fountains will raise, John Williams’ score will culminate, and we’ll eliminate those Dementors in a celebratory moment. We’ll have banners falling (in media) on our New York facades, showing the four Houses of Hogwarts.”

-
“This show is primarily driven by visual imagery from films, but also music – that’s the thing that we really are excited about. A lot of our nighttime shows in the past have been very score-based, which is great; they’re epic. This show has that, as well as a little bit of pop music. Our Fast & Furious section really tells the story of the speed in that brand, as well as the music featured within those films. Trolls is just a big ol’ colorful party – you’ll see the main characters of Trolls all throughout our media, you’re gonna hear ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ sung by Justin Timberlake. It’s a really different texture to any we’ve had in our previous nighttime shows.”

-
"Guests will now be able to watch our nighttime show from a single perspective. They’ll look out at the lagoon and face our New York facades [where projection mapping will take place to add to the media displayed on the lagoon]. We’ll ensure that every guest in that area is going to see the exact same show, which is very different to what we’ve done in the past!”

Last edited:

Anyone have any idea of dates ?

We are there 3rd to 11th of July

I'm also impatiently waiting to hear if this will be showing when we're there. I think there were rumors of a start date that may no longer be accurate, at least in part because of the recent weather. Hey Universal -- we are very willing to book a dining or dessert package, should one be offered, if you'd announce some dates.

I think only about 3 people even knew Central Park existed. This will keep the park open later and hopefully increase revenue and thus more rides!!!

My family must be the 3 then and that’s why I liked it in there. It’s a nice place to have a rest with barely any people around.

I think the show looks lame from the concept art but I’m sure other people will enjoy it.

My family must be the 3 then and that’s why I liked it in there. It’s a nice place to have a rest with barely any people around.

I think the show looks lame from the concept art but I’m sure other people will enjoy it.

I saw a tweet of the fountains in action and they look pretty impressive. Having the projection mapping on the surrounding buildings will be cool too.

Just announced with some details, "Summer 2018" -- weather delays pushed the date back a bit from end of June.

Two articles:

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/new-universal-orlandos-cinematic-celebration/

and

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2018/06/14/exclusive-new-cinematic-nighttime-show-at-universal-
orlando-will-celebrate-harry-potter-more/

are two articles about it

It is a 19 minute long show that includes Harry Potter, Jurassic World, Tolls, Minions, ET, Fast & Furious segments among others with a new 6500 person capacity purpose built viewing area in the Central Park section of Studios.

Some quotes from the articles:

"And, it’s all seamlessly projected on full panoramic water screens, accented by pyrotechnics and – for the first time ever – more than 120 dancing fountains with projection mapping. The entire waterfront of the Universal Studios lagoon and surrounding buildings will transform into a vivid celebration of epic movie moments and beloved characters."

“It’s something we haven’t been able to do outside of the ride attractions. There’s a moment where you see the New York facades start to freeze, and we know what happens when things are freezing! It means Dementors are near. There’s a Dementor moment that will happen over the water, and of course the culmination of that is Harry appearing in the end, and casting ‘Expecto Patronum’!

“In that victory moment light will literally pour from the lagoon – the fountains will raise, John Williams’ score will culminate, and we’ll eliminate those Dementors in a celebratory moment. We’ll have banners falling (in media) on our New York facades, showing the four Houses of Hogwarts.”

-
“This show is primarily driven by visual imagery from films, but also music – that’s the thing that we really are excited about. A lot of our nighttime shows in the past have been very score-based, which is great; they’re epic. This show has that, as well as a little bit of pop music. Our Fast & Furious section really tells the story of the speed in that brand, as well as the music featured within those films. Trolls is just a big ol’ colorful party – you’ll see the main characters of Trolls all throughout our media, you’re gonna hear ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ sung by Justin Timberlake. It’s a really different texture to any we’ve had in our previous nighttime shows.”

-
"Guests will now be able to watch our nighttime show from a single perspective. They’ll look out at the lagoon and face our New York facades [where projection mapping will take place to add to the media displayed on the lagoon]. We’ll ensure that every guest in that area is going to see the exact same show, which is very different to what we’ve done in the past!”

Sounds great. Hope it’s running during my July vacation!

When I read that annoucement earlier today, I thought, "I bet atricks will get that info posted here".........glad you did!

Here's a video of them testing yesterday.

They just ran the fountains and light tests, not the full show.

Thanks for posting this atricks!! That looks so good!!

We are going to really enjoy watching that show several times this year I hope........:thumbsup2

I’m planning a trip for October. Last year the studios closed kinda early even on non-HHN nights. Is this show something that will happen past the summer? I love a good fountain show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter