New nighttime show at Universal

I’m planning a trip for October. Last year the studios closed kinda early even on non-HHN nights. Is this show something that will happen past the summer? I love a good fountain show.

I'm wondering if it will be around during our late Nov trip or if they won't have it since they have the holiday parade and HP light show. Hmmm.

And can someone tell me where the Central Park area is? Count need among those who had no idea it existed.

No idea where Central Park is, but I saw the testing last night right as we walked out of Diagon Alley and walked through San Francisco. Fun surprise!

I would guess you could view the show from anywhere around, but since there were no projections I couldn't say for sure.

I’m planning a trip for October. Last year the studios closed kinda early even on non-HHN nights. Is this show something that will happen past the summer? I love a good fountain show.

I’m crossing my eyes and toes that the new show will happen on non hhn nights for September and October

It has been some years back the the cinematic water show was held on a non hhn night

I absolutely loved it as I remembered many of the old movies and older decades the show covered
The music that was in these sho

Last two year, no show on the water

The old show was damaged in hurricane Irma, so once that hit they didn't have any more. Since it's new they will likely run it on non-HHN nights, they may or may not use some of the show elements during HHN as background theming, but not a full show. My guess since a lot of the stuff this year is 1980s based they'll throw in some 1980s references in the lagoon with the equipment during HHN. The projection mapping equipment they have for it would really work well for an "Upside Down" effect along parts of the new york side. So I could see them getting creative with it, but no guarantees They did the same thing the first year of the last show during HHN.

Central Park is the city park themed area between Animal Actors and Mel's Drive In. Where the Back to the Future Delorian and train are. They are building a big viewing area by the water for the new show. It's really only going to be on that side of the lagoon and concentrated, which I think is good because there were too many bad spots to watch the old show.

Photo from when they hqd "Central Park" decked up with pumpkins for horror nights.

b5e703d42909e8c0e5374a75c46f5d45.jpg

Last edited:

They had a technical rehearsal/preview of the new show tonight at 9:45, unfortunately the weather killed the use of fireworks and some of the other effects, but the fountains and projections went on with very few quirks. Really good show, world of color lite.

Spoliers, but here's a facebook live stream of it

25:22 is when the show starts, trolls portion is 35:55, Potter portion starts at 38:45, Minions 41:00.

36678933_10212489488937651_6275003522182283264_n.png

Last edited:

How long will this go on for? We're trying to decide whether we need two or 1 day universal park tickets for our next trip if this is on and Hogwarts lit up then we won't see both in one day! :/

I went out to this tonight, it was lightly raining, but it started 15 minutes earlier than planned (to attempt to avoid some of the rain). The rain was lite enough to do the fireworks, which adds a lot. This will be a hit for them. Some of the show creators were hanging out right behind us and they were discussing several things that aren't quite ready, as it's still in preview rehearsal mode. General rule of thumb it starts 15 minutes before closing. (Although it was 30 minutes earlier because of the weather tonight)

The viewing area is pretty nice, we were in the middle of the 3rd tier up and we could see everything great. The rain was heavy enough at times to really distort the images though. Minions seem to show up the best.

My 3 year old daughter was memorized the entire show.

UCSPC.jpg

Last edited:
I went out to this tonight, it was lightly raining, but it started 15 minutes earlier than planned (to attempt to avoid some of the rain). The rain was lite enough to do the fireworks, which adds a lot. This will be a hit for them. Some of the show creators were hanging out right behind us and they were discussing several things that aren't quite ready, as it's still in preview rehearsal mode. General rule of thumb it starts 15 minutes before closing. (Although it was 30 minutes earlier because of the weather tonight)

The viewing area is pretty nice, we were in the middle of the 3rd tier up and we could see everything great. The rain was heavy enough at times to really distort the images though. Minions seem to show up the best.

My 3 year old daughter was memorized the entire show.

View attachment 335063

Can’t wait to see this show!!!

Anyone know if the show is playing every night yet? We're going in a couple weeks and would love to see it.

Very excited to see this hoping it will be around during our Thanksgiving trip :D

We're going to be there in December. It never even occurred to me that they might not do the show during the holidays. Sure hope that isn't the case.

Nice. We'll be there the end of August. So, would be a great way to end the night at the Studios. Wonder how early I need to find a seat. Also wonder if they'd do eat and view, like they did before. Though if it's with Lombards, my little one may not go for it. None of us liked our meals there.

Oh, and thank you for the videos and info Atricks.

Wouldn’t think so Lynne as it looked like stadium seats to me in one picture I viewed

Central Park probably the best location for the show viewing

Hope you take notes of the show and pictures to share with the homies

I can be ever hopeful, Mac. Universal has done before. And, Fantasmic, both both WDW and DL versions, and WOC and Rivers of Light all have stadium type seating (well WOC has areas that you can't sit in), all have reserved areas for those having meal and reserved seating packages. And hey, an AP area, like for the parades, would be nice too. My potter ears, will be listening. And I'm sure we will hear about it if there is such a way to get reserve seating.

I'm hoping the crowds won't be bad the end of August.

If no one does before me, I'll be happy to take notes and some pictures to share here.

I enjoyed the show before this one, so very happy they continued to have a show in the water, and now some fireworks too.

The show is on the app now. It says tonight's performance is at 9:45pm so my DD17 and I are going tonight, the times wasn't there yesterday and also they had a TM preview last night at 11pm

This is a standing show, there are a few benches in the back, and a wheelchair area on the top tier. (3 tier area, with a grassy area up above that that may still be blocked off since its brand new sod) We watched from the middle, top tier. We walked around all the areas to get a feel, and anything in the middle works great, even the bottom tier.

Don't attempt to watch it anywhere outside the central park area, though, the whole thing is geared to that viewing area. IMHO, the best part is the Trolls section.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!