New targeted package offer?

did you have to make the reservation through disney (either directly or via TA) to be eligible or will 3rd party bookings also count?

I know this is off topic, but for all of you who qualify for this offer and plan to take it, do you have any qualms about being at Disney World so soon? My son is a nurse practitioner in the ER of a local hospital. We have reservations at the Yacht Club in November. We also have plans for NYC in October. My son says we will not be taking either of those trips. In addition, he doesn’t want me to take a trip to Las Vegas in July nor a cruise I have booked for January, 2021.

So, no second thoughts about a trip to WDW as soon as June? Just curious.
Can we please not discuss this here? There are lots of other threads where members are discussing things like this. I’m trying to limit how much doomsday forecasting exposure I’m allowing right now and this thread is for discussion of the new package promo.

Does anyone know if you have already purchased date based tickets and a room only reservation directly through Disney, if they will let you just add the free dining--like they do for "ticketless" dining packages for APs? Or does the two-day ticket minimum have to be part of the "package"?

My trip was planned for mid-may and I received this email. However, my question is, we bought 4 park magic tickets for May. Can we apply the value paid for these toward regular tickets/package in order to get the free dining when we rebook?

Ok guys, after about 3 hours on the phone, I was able to move my trip from May to Sept. They are refunding my 4 park magic tickets since I chose to book a package with the free dining. I still have to monitor the gift card and credit card I paid with because it will take 7-10 days (note to self: never throw away a gift card until after your trip is over with!) I did not think that would be possible, but there was some Disney magic at work right there. :)

**Question: the cast member on the phone told me with the QS meal plan, if I choose, we can use two QS credits at a 1 credit Table service restaurant. I thought that was never the case at all. Has something changed recently?**

Does anyone know if you have already purchased date based tickets and a room only reservation directly through Disney, if they will let you just add the free dining--like they do for "ticketless" dining packages for APs? Or does the two-day ticket minimum have to be part of the "package"?
If you purchased the tickets directly through Disney, I think you will be able to change those tickets to be part of your package. For example, I had the 4 park magic date based tickets for May. I moved the trip to September. The CM is refunding the 4 park magic tickets, and rebooked a hotel, 4 day ticket, and dining package to get the free dining. GL!

Ok guys, after about 3 hours on the phone, I was able to move my trip from May to Sept. They are refunding my 4 park magic tickets since I chose to book a package with the free dining. I still have to monitor the gift card and credit card I paid with because it will take 7-10 days (note to self: never throw away a gift card until after your trip is over with!) I did not think that would be possible, but there was some Disney magic at work right there. :)

That's awesome to know. My son would have been 9 on our trip last week, but will be 10 by the time we are able to go, and I was worried about it being a hassle to deal with his tickets since he'd be an "adult" according to MDE before we got around to using his ticket. I think I might CAUTIOUSLY book an August trip for his birthday with the FD and then not tell the kids because it will be a birthday surprise. That way, if anything happens, they won't be disappointed again. It makes sense to wait until his birthday with FD because he eats like an adult and would not have been happy eating off the kids menu.

**Question: the cast member on the phone told me with the QS meal plan, if I choose, we can use two QS credits at a 1 credit Table service restaurant. I thought that was never the case at all. Has something changed recently?**

Good to know! I'm in the same situation with a room only reservation 4/13-4/18 and date specific separate park tickets. We'd like to change to this free dining promotion if possible. Thanks for the info!

If you purchased the tickets directly through Disney, I think you will be able to change those tickets to be part of your package. For example, I had the 4 park magic date based tickets for May. I moved the trip to September. The CM is refunding the 4 park magic tickets, and rebooked a hotel, 4 day ticket, and dining package to get the free dining. GL!
Thanks! That is the kind of ticket we had, but now I'm struggling because weirdly, I keep crunching the numbers and it seems like it is more expensive to rebook with free dining. But then, we were at a deluxe and the rack rate is so much more than the discounted rate (about $150 a night), so I think that combined with the savings we have on the 4-park magic ticket is eating up all the free dining discount.

Thanks! That is the kind of ticket we had, but now I'm struggling because weirdly, I keep crunching the numbers and it seems like it is more expensive to rebook with free dining. But then, we were at a deluxe and the rack rate is so much more than the discounted rate (about $150 a night), so I think that combined with the savings we have on the 4-park magic ticket is eating up all the free dining discount.
i had a pin code discount with the 4 park magic tickets and dining added for May and it was $100 cheaper than what I have currently booked for September. However my pin code isn’t good through September, so I took the FD deal. But you’re right, definitely do the math before booking!

Last edited:
What is the cancel policy on this package? Is it more lenient than a regular package booking?

I’m so sad. Just spent two hours on the phone only to have Disney unable to help me. Our trip starts May 30th and goes until June 6th. So you’d think I’d be eligible to switch things to the free dining promo. However, the first half dates were booked through undercover tourist and the Disney dates were in June so they wouldn’t extend the package to me despite it being a continuous reservation. 😢
Any advice? Anyone had a similar situation?

It appears that it will be rack rate. It says no other discounts apply.
The thing is there was nothing preventing it, the cast members just said they didn't know how to do it.
It came out about 10 days before the closure so there was not even time for it to be up and running and that was when all of those system failures were happening and the app was down for days.
That's strange, in that case I would try again. When the new plan came out there were actually a few things that kept it from being able to be added on certain reservations. If you had certain discounts already you couldn't apply it; if you'd already done online check in you couldn't apply it. But if you had none of the things that precluded you from upgrading and you're sure about that I would try again.
did you have to make the reservation through disney (either directly or via TA) to be eligible or will 3rd party bookings also count?
Yes
No you'd have to purchase at least 2 day tickets as part of the package

What is the cancel policy on this package? Is it more lenient than a regular package booking?
Same as always, final payment due 30 days prior to travel
I’m so sad. Just spent two hours on the phone only to have Disney unable to help me. Our trip starts May 30th and goes until June 6th. So you’d think I’d be eligible to switch things to the free dining promo. However, the first half dates were booked through undercover tourist and the Disney dates were in June so they wouldn’t extend the package to me despite it being a continuous reservation. 😢
Any advice? Anyone had a similar situation?
No unfortunately the promo is only for guests who booked directly through Disney and travel dates have to be no later than 5/31 check in. Since you do not have a reservation with Disney during the included dates you aren't eligible.

I'm currently on hold for a 2nd time. First time I waited for 90 minutes and a lady answered and told me, sorry you are going to be angry with me, but I can't help you I'm just answering your call to suggest that you call back on Thursday, when things die down...I was like um, ok. So I'm back on the phone, 47 minutes in...

We have a May package booked, looking to switch it to late September. Does anyone know if this will work like the regular packages? We want our trip for 9/26-10/3, hoping the FD will carry over.

That's strange, in that case I would try again. When the new plan came out there were actually a few things that kept it from being able to be added on certain reservations. If you had certain discounts already you couldn't apply it; if you'd already done online check in you couldn't apply it. But if you had none of the things that precluded you from upgrading and you're sure about that I would try again.

Yes

No you'd have to purchase at least 2 day tickets as part of the package

Same as always, final payment due 30 days prior to travel

No unfortunately the promo is only for guests who booked directly through Disney and travel dates have to be no later than 5/31 check in. Since you do not have a reservation with Disney during the included dates you aren't eligible.
Thanks for the informative response! I expected the answers to my questions would be what they are ... which is why I asked here before calling ;)

I'm currently on hold for a 2nd time. First time I waited for 90 minutes and a lady answered and told me, sorry you are going to be angry with me, but I can't help you I'm just answering your call to suggest that you call back on Thursday, when things die down...I was like um, ok. So I'm back on the phone, 47 minutes in...

We have a May package booked, looking to switch it to late September. Does anyone know if this will work like the regular packages? We want our trip for 9/26-10/3, hoping the FD will carry over.
All queue's have been getting closed on and off today so you may have the same thing happen unfortunately. But yes those dates will work you just need to check in by 9/30

Thanks for the informative response! I expected the answers to my questions would be what they are ... which is why I asked here before calling ;)
No problem! Between last night and so far today I've been on with Disney a total of 11 hours for clients with all sorts of situations lol so I know a bit :) and if I can save someone from a ridiculous hold time I'm happy to do it!

All queue's have been getting closed on and off today so you may have the same thing happen unfortunately. But yes those dates will work you just need to check in by 9/30

Thank you, I was hoping that the same rules would apply.

Not so great about the phone lines though, it's frustrating to wait so long to be told sorry can't help you. I'm sure they are slammed though. Reading on another forum right after I hung up someone stated they got right through, so that makes it worse.

Thank you, I was hoping that the same rules would apply.

Not so great about the phone lines though, it's frustrating to wait so long to be told sorry can't help you. I'm sure they are slammed though. Reading on another forum right after I hung up someone stated they got right through, so that makes it worse.
Yeah if you happen to call right when they reopen the queue not only are you super lucky but you'll have a short wait!

Yeah if you happen to call right when they reopen the queue not only are you super lucky but you'll have a short wait!

Unfortunately you were right, 90 minutes in I rolled to someone who couldn't help me again, said they were at capacity. I'm giving up for the night.

I'm more worried about getting the package changed over due to the fact that tomorrow is my 180 for dining. DH thinks I should just book a package and call later to switch it over, I'm not sure about that, not sure they would do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!