New virtual queue system

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
From: https://wdwnt.com/2020/09/disneyland-paris-rolling-out-new-standby-pass-virtual-queue-system/

This system will launch with Crush’s Coaster on October 6. It will then roll out to Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Big Thunder Mountain, Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Autopia, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Ratatouille: The Adventure. With the exception of some early mornings and evenings, only guests with a Standby Pass will be able to access these attractions.

Not sure how I feel about this! It seems like an added layer of complexity, the article says you have to return and stand in the queue for the posted wait time, which sucks the spontaneity out a bit. What do we reckon?

From: https://*****.com/2020/09/disneyland-paris-rolling-out-new-standby-pass-virtual-queue-system/

This system will launch with Crush’s Coaster on October 6. It will then roll out to Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Big Thunder Mountain, Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Autopia, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Ratatouille: The Adventure. With the exception of some early mornings and evenings, only guests with a Standby Pass will be able to access these attractions.

Not sure how I feel about this! It seems like an added layer of complexity, the article says you have to return and stand in the queue for the posted wait time, which sucks the spontaneity out a bit. What do we reckon?
I think the disappointing thing about it is only guests who have the stand by virtual queue can get in the attraction at certain times. A bit annoying if you'd be willing to queue however long it is but now they won't allow that and once the queue begins to get busy, will shut it off essentially

Let's see what happens. It's the first step in the direction of Fastpass + (WDW) or Maxpass (DL).
I'll be there 11 & 12 Oct, so who knows we get to test it.

Now with the down time & limited capacity it's a good moment to test.

And the test is over. It ran for 10 days on Crush Coaster and 1 day on Big Thunder Mountain.
It probably didn't work.

We didn't use it on our visit, but what I saw on Social Media is that there were still crowds getting together, as people were waiting near the entrance for their turn to get in.

I was thinking of bringing my two nieces to DLP in September 2021 (3 years and 6 years) as well as my Mum and my sister in law. I must say it sounds a bit challenging to have to rely on virtual queues for several rides :( You loose spontaneity which is a must when you travel with small kids. Plus I assume you would not be able to book several slots at once. I really hope they won't implement it. I also wonder if they are going to offer this costly fast pass again in 2021 once things are starting to normalize.

I was thinking of bringing my two nieces to DLP in September 2021 (3 years and 6 years) as well as my Mum and my sister in law. I must say it sounds a bit challenging to have to rely on virtual queues for several rides :( You loose spontaneity which is a must when you travel with small kids. Plus I assume you would not be able to book several slots at once. I really hope they won't implement it. I also wonder if they are going to offer this costly fast pass again in 2021 once things are starting to normalize.
Like with Fastpass + in Disneyworld or Maxpass in Disneyland California, you do not have to use it. You can use the rides the old fashioned way if you want to. I am sure that one of the reasons the tests at DLP failed was the option not to queue like normal and that it still gathered crowds near the entrance.

I am sure that DLP will bring back the paid Fast Pass, they need money.

Like with Fastpass + in Disneyworld or Maxpass in Disneyland California, you do not have to use it. You can use the rides the old fashioned way if you want to. I am sure that one of the reasons the tests at DLP failed was the option not to queue like normal and that it still gathered crowds near the entrance.

I am sure that DLP will bring back the paid Fast Pass, they need money.
Thanks :) That makes sense. As long as we can hop in the queue whenever we want :) And I agree, they need the money... Let's see what happens next. For now I am keeping my fingers crossed that all my trips are going to happen in 2021 :cloud9:

Thanks :) That makes sense. As long as we can hop in the queue whenever we want :) And I agree, they need the money... Let's see what happens next. For now I am keeping my fingers crossed that all my trips are going to happen in 2021 :cloud9:
Curious, do you want the paid FP to return so you could use it. Or do you not want it to return as it means less regular fastpasses?
If the last one, I wouldn't worry about that, I don't think they sell that many to really impact the other FPs.

Curious, do you want the paid FP to return so you could use it. Or do you not want it to return as it means less regular fastpasses?
If the last one, I wouldn't worry about that, I don't think they sell that many to really impact the other FPs.
Good question. I guess I want it to come back because that would mean things are back to normal ;) But I hardly doubt I want to pay that amount of money for 5 people (no idea what it costs but I guess a lot). Plus not being able to get the virtual ticket/queue for Jack Skellington last year has put me off :teeth:

I am by no means a DLP expert and that's why I try to gather as much info as possible so that the trip will be fun for my nieces and the rest of the group. If it was just me with a friend we would probably just wing everything. But with the little ones I try to be prepared so that we don't end up in super long lines ;) I hope that doesn't sound silly... :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts