New Years Eve 2013

Bronte

DIS Veteran
I own at the BCV and will be trying to get a studio for Dec. 30 through Jan. 6th. I know that I will have to book right when the window opens but will I have to "walk" it ????
At the seven month window what are my chances of switching out just the first night to the BLT (two bedroom, view does not matter) I could book this with points from another contract so I can book online at 8 am then call to drop the first night at the BCV.
We are going with friends/family and I got them a good rate at the Dolphin (I do not have enough points for three studios at the BCV and cash rooms are crazy high) It would be nice to all stay at BLT the first night so that they can get ME and we can all walk back after the fireworks (we would be nine total.)

thanks for any advice ...

Anything's possible, but I'm not sure it's something you should count on being able to do. I was at WDW from Dec. 22-29 this year and wasn't able to get a BLT studio(which is my home resort) when I booked 11 months out. I even waitlisted and wasn't successful. I stayed at SS, which was fine.

Two years ago I stayed at WDW between Xmas and New Year's. Again, when I booked at the 7 month window, the only thing available was SS.

I would say to just keep watching the availability each day. It changes daily(which I don't quite understand--others have commented about this and the fact that some days will be available and some not). Good luck and don't stress too much! They add extra buses during the busiest times. I know that doesn't beat walking across the street, but...

You never know. But I'm in a BCV studio now from Dec 30 thru Jan 2 (then moving to a 1br at OKW). I booked at the 11 month window the first possible day, and did not walk the reservation.

I was able to book BWV Boardwalk view 2 bedroom for 12/31 - 1/3 11 months out exactly the moment online booking was available on 1/31/12. No walking.

I ended up having to cancel <sigh> but that's another story.

If you decide to walk the reservation you will need enough points to book through the point intensive period of 12/24-12/31.

Thanks for the advice ....
I do have enough points to walk a bit but it looks so complicated esp. with the trip over laping years (2013 to 2014) If I can't get it I can just stay with the rest of the clan at the Dolphin ($188 per night is not too bad.)
What about the two bedroom for just one night at BLT. Do those go mega fast and will anything be left open for Dec. 30 at the seven month window. I can always waitlist and hope for the best I guess ... My last two wait lists came through so you never know !!!!

Thanks for the advice ....
I do have enough points to walk a bit but it looks so complicated esp. with the trip over laping years (2013 to 2014) If I can't get it I can just stay with the rest of the clan at the Dolphin ($188 per night is not too bad.)
What about the two bedroom for just one night at BLT. Do those go mega fast and will anything be left open for Dec. 30 at the seven month window. I can always waitlist and hope for the best I guess ... My last two wait lists came through so you never know !!!!

There is always a better chance of getting only one night than anything else at 7 months out. However, at 7 months out for Dec 30 or 31 you will likely be limited to SSR, OKW or AKV. As to BLT 11 months out, poster above was undoubtedly referring to standard view since other views were all open 11 months out. You should have a decent chance at BCV 11 months out but there is some risk Dec 30 and 31, particularly studios, could be gone to those reserving earlier than Jan 30.

I was able to book BWV Boardwalk view 2 bedroom for 12/31 - 1/3 11 months out exactly the moment online booking was available on 1/31/12. No walking.

I ended up having to cancel <sigh> but that's another story.

That is good to know as I'll be trying for exactly that for 12/29-1/4 and really don't want to walk.

Update ...
No problem getting the bcv studio yesterday ... decided to get 12/28-1/4 just to have some wiggle room when airfare comes out. I will add on two more nights later, the system will only let you to book 7 nights at the 11 month window. Do I have to wait till 2/4 to book those next two nights ???
I will wait list BLT at 7 months because you never know but I am happy with staying at the beach club the entire time too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter