New Years Eve 2018 on Disney Fantasy - 12/29/18 - 1/5/19

momtotanmanandraerae

Mouseketeer
I am starting a thread for the New Years Eve 2018 cruise on Disney Fantasy! We are celebrating the 70th birthday of my mother. We have 14 people sailing together! This is my second Disney cruise but first 7 day cruise on the Fantasy.

Here is our information:

Myself, husband, Son (17) and daughter (14)

My mother - Mimi! (turning 70!)

My brother, his wife, son (17), son (15), son (5)

My sister, her husband, daughter (5) and son (3)

I am in charge of planning this whole cruise for everyone! Hope to talk to others who are sailing at the same time!

Hello ! I'm also planning for my group (although, there are only 7 of us).
Myself, husband, Daughter, Son, G/F (all in their 20's), My Brother and our Dad.

Is anyone planning to do a Fish Extender Group? Would be fun for New Year's time. :)

Hello,
This is going to be our very first Disney Cruise. Just the four of us, Me (35) my wife (35), our older daughter (6) and younger daughter (3) at the time of the cruise.

Although we are doing the cruise, we were thinking of going to Magic Kingdom from the 26th-29th. We know it will be busy, but we have never been. Is it worth it? or should we just avoid it? WE probably won't be able to go again for years.

Thanks!

P.S. The Fish Extender thing sounds like a lot of fun, but we have so much to think about for this cruise so I don't think we will this time. But it's something to think about.

Hi! Glad to have other people here! I am not going to participate in the Fish Extender but others might join as the time goes on that would like to participate.

We are going to go to Disney World on the 27th but we aren't going to go to any parks. We are DVC members so have spent many years at the parks (since our son was 2 and he is now 16) and they are just insanely crowded during that time of year. IMHO, It really isn't worth the money to buy park tickets for those crowds. We are staying at our resort, Saratoga Springs, and just going to enjoy the hotel, pool, and Disney Springs.

Hi all. This will be our 12th cruise. There will be myself, husband, daughter (will be 22), son (will be 19). We won't be doing the Fish Extender.

I am starting a thread for the New Years Eve 2018 cruise on Disney Fantasy! We are celebrating the 70th birthday of my mother. We have 14 people sailing together! This is my second Disney cruise but first 7 day cruise on the Fantasy.

Here is our information:

Myself, husband, Son (17) and daughter (14)

My mother - Mimi! (turning 70!)

My brother, his wife, son (17), son (15), son (5)

My sister, her husband, daughter (5) and son (3)

I am in charge of planning this whole cruise for everyone! Hope to talk to others who are sailing at the same time!
Wow. Good luck getting everyone co-ordinated.

Any tips/suggestions for a NYE cruise? Are there extra events? I'm confident that Disney will do it right and very much looking forward to it. (while I don't want to wish spring/summer and fall away. :)

Any tips/suggestions for a NYE cruise? Are there extra events? I'm confident that Disney will do it right and very much looking forward to it. (while I don't want to wish spring/summer and fall away. :)
On NYE the MDRs serve a special NYE menu. It is treated as a formal night. Lots of people dress up, lots don't. There is a deck party, starting around 10pm. As it gets closer to midnight, they start passing out food & drinks (in commemorative plastic wine flutes). There is a countdown to midnight and fireworks. Last time they put a top-hat/tiara (made of cardboard) in the cabins.

Looking forward to our 2nd NYE Cruise on the Fantasy. It's a great trip and our family cannot wait!!

We're interested in joining the fish extender list, if anyone has started collecting info.

We are: Me, Wife, Daughter (10) and Son (12).

Also traveling with sister and brother in law and their 2 kids: Boy (turning 6 during the cruise!) and Girl (3)

- Corey

Hello,
This is going to be our very first Disney Cruise. Just the four of us, Me (35) my wife (35), our older daughter (6) and younger daughter (3) at the time of the cruise.

Although we are doing the cruise, we were thinking of going to Magic Kingdom from the 26th-29th. We know it will be busy, but we have never been. Is it worth it? or should we just avoid it? WE probably won't be able to go again for years.

Thanks!

P.S. The Fish Extender thing sounds like a lot of fun, but we have so much to think about for this cruise so I don't think we will this time. But it's something to think about.

Hi we are on the fantasy, and we got a great deal to stay at all star sports 26th-29th, but thinking just one Park day because of the crowds

Hi we (my wife and 12 year old daughter) are going on the fantasy, we are staying at all star sports for 3 nights first. We have only stayed at Saratoga springs before, any tips?
Also anyone know about car rental at the port, our flight home isn’t while late evening, so thinking the Disney transport will give us way too long at airport?

Hi we (my wife and 12 year old daughter) are going on the fantasy, we are staying at all star sports for 3 nights first. We have only stayed at Saratoga springs before, any tips?
Also anyone know about car rental at the port, our flight home isn’t while late evening, so thinking the Disney transport will give us way too long at airport?

Welcome!!! I don't have any tips for staying at All star Sports except have a great time! Yes parks will be very crowded so if you do one - arrive before it opens and make sure you have your fastpasses. Make dining reservation if you want dining at 180 days out.

I am not sure about car rental at the port but I am sure if you google it you could find some info. I know there are taxis around so you could probably taxi to a car rental place. On our last cruise, our flight wasn't leaving till the evening and we took Disney Cruise line transportation to the airport and was there by 9:00 am. We had to kill tons of time at the airport! Luckily, we got on standby on an earlier flight! This time I made us an midday flight.

I found this personal navigator from the 2017 New Years Eve cruise. I found it to be extremely helpful and also just got me so excited about the trip! Now that we are in June it feels closer!! It also shows the menu from the New Years Eve night.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...bbean-cruise-port-canaveral-december-30-2017/

Also - we booked this cruise the day the cruise was announced (over a year ago!). I went and priced the same stateroom category today and it is $2500 more than what we booked. Made my day!

I found this personal navigator from the 2017 New Years Eve cruise. I found it to be extremely helpful and also just got me so excited about the trip! Now that we are in June it feels closer!! It also shows the menu from the New Years Eve night.

That menu looks fantastic! I booked our cruise on nye because it was cold and miserable here, felt like it was ages away but now getting excited, this does make it feel like it’s getting closer!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...bbean-cruise-port-canaveral-december-30-2017/

Also - we booked this cruise the day the cruise was announced (over a year ago!). I went and priced the same stateroom category today and it is $2500 more than what we booked. Made my day!

We haven't stayed at any of the All Stars, but I do know that the bus queues when leaving the parks for the Value resorts are loooong - we have stayed at AoA, and have also seen the queues for other Value reorts.
As for car rental, I have read that the rental places have shuttles that pick you up from the port - they are free. Another option could be to have a day room at the Hyatt at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!