New Years Eve, Jan 2003 Strategies?

Erica

Mouseketeer
Hello all, it has been about 6 months since I have read the boards….you can all yell at me now! :(

I have been searching for some NYE room booking strategies, but I did not find much. This is the first time I am ever considering to go to down during a holiday. I have been a die hard Fall Fantasy traveler in the past. Love the great rates and low crowds!

I know because of September rates were very low last year. Many of have ‘done’ WDW on New Year’s in years past; I just would like some advice on getting the best rate for a moderate for the night. We are then hoping to move to up a Deluxe for the first week of January for a few nights.

My questions specifically are:

What discounts have you used in the past? (I only have Disney club, no AP’s here.)

Where would you want to stay in January? We are leaning towards Poly, WL or maybe BW, however we would bit the bullet and stay at the Swan or Dolphin if the rate is right.

Thank you all in advance!

Erica

We'll be at the Dolphin for New Year's....

We did it last Christmas/New Year's for the very first time and split our stay between the AKL and the Dolphin.

DH had such a great time that he wants to do it again this year!!

Of course the AP discounts aren't as good- but any discount is better than none at all......

Good Luck!

December 20 is the start of Holiday Season. Traditionally, NO discounts were ever available during this season and you pay the highest rack rate of the year. (Moderates are $194 standard view/$219 water view). Last year, the havoc 9/11 put on traveling caused Disney to offer some very good discounts. This may or may not happen this coming year. If it does, it won't be until very close to the date.

In a normal year, you would be very late already trying to book a hotel room for the time between Christmas and NYE and most certainly for NYE. Since travel is still "soft" you may find availability and the Swan Dolphin has had discounts available.

For the portion of your trip starting January 1, you may find discounts. I believe you would have to book two seperate reservations for them to drop you down to the lower rate once 1/1 hits.

Keep in mind that air travel and rental cars are also in high demand during this time period. Many people return to Florida like clockwork every year (also going to see family in Florida for the holidays) and these also book up and command premium rates.

What type of rates should I expect for the Swan or Dolphin?
I just visited the Starwood site and I got a rate of 213$ at one of them, but this is a non refundable non changeable fare. Is this good?

Car rental? Well we are not planning on renting a car while we are there. I am am worried about airfare however! :eek:

Thank you all for your input!

-Erica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter