New York or Orlando?? Heck, let`s do both.....12 nights NYC & Sapphire Falls...July 18 Trip Report

:thanks: For the wonderful report once again, I love a Carole and Tom report and excited for the next one.

I will live vicariously through you as you tell us all about HHN and your adventures!!

Thanks so much Caroline........

I’m always happy to read you’ve enjoyed reading along........yep, next one will be up before I know it. I had meant to post on your before I left, but didn’t get around to it.....so I have that to look forward to when I get back!!!

Many hugs to you and your lovely daughter........and see you on the next one.......:wave2:

Unfortunately life got in the way and spoilt my "real time" read along - just spent spent the weekend catching up with the last 12 or so pages.

It sounds like you had a fabulous time and the pictures with Tom's new camera are amazing. Thank you for sharing with us.

Now, I'm off to find the next one... I saw your post on the HHN thread which suggested that your first night at HHN was a success despite the crowds. We're hoping for two trips next year (after none in 2018...), the second of which would see us there in late September so I'm particularly looking forward to reading all about your current trip when you get back :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures! What website do you use to store and upload your pictures?

I love all the British expressions peppered in the report!

Can’t wait for your next Trip report

Unfortunately life got in the way and spoilt my "real time" read along - just spent spent the weekend catching up with the last 12 or so pages.

It sounds like you had a fabulous time and the pictures with Tom's new camera are amazing. Thank you for sharing with us.

Now, I'm off to find the next one... I saw your post on the HHN thread which suggested that your first night at HHN was a success despite the crowds. We're hoping for two trips next year (after none in 2018...), the second of which would see us there in late September so I'm particularly looking forward to reading all about your current trip when you get back :)

We absolutely had a blast on our trip.....well, we do in them all......but it was so much fun doing both cities on the same trip!
Yes, HHN was fun despite the crowds.......it is an incredible event......oh I`m sure you`d enjoy going then........

Thank you for reading along, I`m so glad you enjoyed it.......:wave2:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures! What website do you use to store and upload your pictures?

I love all the British expressions peppered in the report!

Can’t wait for your next Trip report

Thank you so much........I need to go search for the British expressions......lol......

I use smugmug.......it is so easy to use....I think it`s around $57 a year, but worth it. For posting third party pictures it`s perfect.

Hope you enjoy the next one too.........:wave2:

Loving your trip report already! One small correction, this seems to be Madison Sq Park!

Washington Square Park is tiny. It really is......there`s nothing much of interest to see or do here...….but, we buy a bottle of water each and just sit and watch the squirrels...….who get amazingly close...…

It is pretty though and I adore how a place as brash and loud as Manhattan have these havens of tranquility scattered around for everyone to enjoy some greenery in their day...….lovely...….it`s another one of these places you can sit and watch the whole world pass you by without a care in the world...….and it is tranquil....apart from the occasional emergency siren, you don't really notice the traffic in them.

Finally caught up! Great TR as usual and how very sweet of the staff and that card!
So glad we got to meet and Tink too! Hopefully trips overlap again in future.

Too bad December trips don’t overlap but we are still tied to school schedules.

I’ve gotten lots of sometimes snarky remarks for being in Orlando so much this past year and half too. Really don’t care as it is like coming home. Love knowing another area as much as actual home. Never bored there.

And what? 3 or four more sleeps til flight time?

Finally caught up! Great TR as usual and how very sweet of the staff and that card!
So glad we got to meet and Tink too! Hopefully trips overlap again in future.

Too bad December trips don’t overlap but we are still tied to school schedules.

I’ve gotten lots of sometimes snarky remarks for being in Orlando so much this past year and half too. Really don’t care as it is like coming home. Love knowing another area as much as actual home. Never bored there.

And what? 3 or four more sleeps til flight time?

Thanks MonyK……..

Yes, the kindness shown to us every visit we always appreciate so much, and then the card they all took the time to write something so lovely on really blew us away......incredibly thoughtful, and genuinely meant so much to us.

Yes, I hope our trips will overlap again, it was lovely meeting up that day...….

Oh snarky people are pathetic aren't they!!! Why folks feel the need I`ll never be able to work out......like you, we laugh it off and carry on having a blast every trip...….yep, we never get bored or wish we were somewhere else...….definite home from home!!!

Oh, as of today 5 more sleeps...…..:sunny:

Glad you enjoyed it though and thanks for the lovely comments along the way...….:wave:

Took me a week and I know I am several trips behind but I enjoyed this. I actually live near the Lotte New York Palace (maybe 20 minute walk). For my birthday a few years ago I decided to escape my family and used a hotels.com voucher my parents had and stayed there one night. Not in the towers though. It was still lovely and I like Pomme Palais. I have not eaten at many of the places you did in NYC though> My sister says its so great to live here but I am always working to pay the bills so don't really enjoy it! If I have time away from work we go away :)
Anyways, enjoyed your account of your time in orlando...trying to remember everything for my trip next week!

Wow!! I’m so glad you enjoyed it.......

The first time we stayed there it wasn’t in the towers and the room was still beautiful.....and huge as we booked a corner room with views of St Patrick’s. It really is a gorgeous hotel. I’m glad to hear you had such a lovely stay with them. We’d go back in a heartbeat, although I am tempted with the Loews hotel there up nearer Central Park.

But how fabulous you live so close to the centre of Manhattan. Although I agree......if I lived there I’d go away too for a vacation.........

I’m taking my mum back in June, but it’ll just be to Long Island this time as it’s just for a week.....mainly to see her sister and my cousins. Looking forward to it but will miss visiting Manhattan. Tom and I will go back I’m sure at some point.

Thank you for reading and commenting, they’re always lovely to read and I’m happy you have a trip to Orlando and it’s next week........hope you have a fabulous time there, would love to hear how you enjoyed it.......:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!