Newbie from South Jersey

FWphanatic

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My name is Kim. I'm a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I've been to WDW too many times to count, but Fort Wilderness is my FAVORITE place to be. I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary and my daughter's sweet 16 in August at the Fort. Looking forward to being apart of the DIS family :).

Go Eagles!
:figment:

Welcome FWphanatic What a great [place to celebrate those milestones Have to laugh as we are headed your way twice that month Any questions you have ask if we don't have an answer someone will make one up

Welcome to The Fort:welcome:. Looks you have a fun trip planned. Ditto to FtW Mikes post if you have questions.

So, are you doing cabin, tent, travel trailer, RV? Oh, and if you've lurked, ya know we like trip reports and pictures :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard the Dis. Sounds like you've visited the Fort before, but if there's anything we can help with let us know. Even if it's not a question, don't hesitate to drop some input on threads. Especially the picture threads, we really like pictures. You gotta get about 10-15 posts before it'll let you put up pictures but that doesn't take long.

We can help you out with that post lacking problem pretty easy. Tell us about your likes in the world of camping, or perhaps you frequent the cabins instead? Fill us in.

Welcome,

So sorry to hear you are from South Jersey. (I was born in Vineland.) Go Eagles !!

Now that we are done with the formalities. So why do you love the Fort ?? We just love having our own home to come back too.

I was so caught up in the BIG EAGLES SUPERBOWL WIN!!! Sorry (not sorry) Patriots fans! :woohoo:

Why do I love the Fort... so many great memories! I started going to WDW in July 1979 when I was 10. I am 48 now! That first trip we stayed off property (visiting Gatorland Zoo and Wet N' Wild). Since 1981, my parents booked the Fort for 2 weeks every other year! Back then we started renting actual campers (which eventually turned into cabins)! First, just with MK, then just MK and Epcot Center, then added MGM (it will ALWAYS be MGM)! It was so great to spend the "off" days at River Country, (the original) Discovery Island, canoeing in the canals (while my dad pushed my sister and I when we ran out canal to paddle in), walking the swamp walk, going to the marshmallow marsh, and swimming the lake. I am really dating myself! My 3 yo brother was in the Hoop-Dee-Do and my dad in the Poly luau show. I stayed at Riverside (before it combined with Port Orleans) in 1994 with my husband and family, a quick trip to ASMu in 1995, then stayed at the Disney Institute (before Saratoga Springs) 9 months pregnant at Christmas with my husband and family. I was able to ride the (now gone) boat ride in AK! In 2005, we began taking our (then) 6yo son and (then 3 yo) daughter(they are now 19 and 16) to the Fort (as well as Pop Century and ASMo) and stayed in a cabin until 2010 when we traveled in our first RV...a class C motor home. We camped there 3 times in the class C. Now we have a travel trailer that we will tow in August.

I have also enjoyed an adults only trip at BC for the F&W festival in 2015 (DH and I, and my BIL and SIL) and in 2016 ladies' trip!

I am a transition coordinator working with high school students up to age 21, so I have chaperoned many senior trips and stayed at *** from 2003.

I love the memories I have growing up, the memories I have with my own family, and the memories I have with the extended family (in 2007 we had 2 cabins for Christmas... 1 for my parents and my family (my son in a wheelchair with a broken foot), and my sister and brother and their family in the other. My brother and SIL got engaged in EPCOT! I love hearing the boats, watching the fireworks and water pagent from the beach with a glass of wine and a slice of pizza. I love sitting in a rocking chair at Crocket's Tavern drinking a cold one.

Why do I love the Fort...I could go on FOREVER! My family knows, my students know Fort Wilderness is my favorite place in the whole wide world!

You are among friends, phan.

We understand. :grouphug:

Glad to have you with us on the DIS.

Bama Ed

PS - Fort in August? :scared: You must be a TRUE phan...

:thanks:

August is when my students have a break from the summer program, my husband is finished teaching summer school, and right before my son goes back to college. You gotta do what you gotta do! It's just as hot in NJ that time of year :sunny:

Wow,

You are a WDW regular. Glad you joined the Fort Family. There are many of us on here that are just as hooked. We've been several times in August. Like you said, it is just as hot (or hotter) here at home.

And Ya! Eagles. I'm from St Louis, but since they were playing the Pats, GO EAGLES!

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!