Newbie here! How close are the handicapped parking spots at the parks? (except for MK)

joxer1014

DIS Veteran
I recently have received a parking tag for my car because I have a bad leg and cant walk long distances. In the past when we used the buses we relied on the courtesy wheelchairs at the park bus stops to get to the front gate. Then I would rent a wheelchair or scooter. Now with the possible longer waits for busses we are thinking about a car since I now have the permit for the car. For the 3 of the 4 parks how close are the parking areas to the front of the parks? I know that MK is not included because you have to go through the TTC so that day I'll bite the bullet and take the bus. Also how do they handle handicapped cars when you want to use valet at the resorts? Thank you

I recently have received a parking tag for my car because I have a bad leg and can't walk long distances. In the past when we used the buses we relied on the courtesy wheelchairs at the park bus stops to get to the front gate. Then I would rent a wheelchair or scooter. Now with the possible longer waits for busses we are thinking about a car since I now have the permit for the car. For the 3 of the 4 parks how close are the parking areas to the front of the parks? I know that MK is not included because you have to go through the TTC so that day I'll bite the bullet and take the bus. Also, how do they handle handicapped cars when you want to use valet at the resorts? Thank you

you can still drive to MK TTC.

Google Maps don't have updated views of EPCOT and Animal Kingdom and DHS Parking Lots yet.

But here are the PRE-RE-CONSTRUCTION Maps

Attachments

• 1596962795081.png
    1596962795081.png
    693.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Let’s just say - I knew I had to buy my own scooter when I couldn’t walk from the handicap parking At TTC to the monorail station with having to stop and rest - depending on when you get to a particular park - handicap parking may not be all that close...of course, now with limited guests, it may not be bad...but it’s not really close like store parking is.

Often, it is about equal distance from disabled parking and the bus drop-off areas. if you as, for a map in the transportation forum, you are very likely to get a very good map as a response.

I am not sure valet service is currently operating at any of the Disney hotels.

Last edited:

From the WDW website:

Parking
Self-parking is available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.

@joxer1014, I am unsure if they are currently charging for that service. In the past, valet parking has been free for those with a valid disability placard- whether going for a meal, or staying overnight. It was a courtesy service. You simply tip & go on your way!! Very helpful! (I would assume it’s the same now, but always best to double-check!)

As for the handicapped accessible lots at the parks, they are RIGHT UP FRONT. Trams do not even operate in them because they are too close to warrant needing it! Of course, that’s also assuming people will have their own mobility devices to drive in to the park (which isn’t always the case) 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter