Newbie to universal

PrincessJoJo

Earning My Ears
hi everyone, I have been to Disney World a few times but never been to universal. We are looking to book for 2019 and I am swaying more to book for November as I saw that universal have “grinchmas” I absolutely adore the grinch and would love to go during that time. Please could anyone tell me roughly what time of year “grinchmas” begins? Or any other grinch related information that I should know lol! Thanks in advance

I can't confirm anything, but I know last year Grinchmas was only held on select weekends of December. I just checked the UO web site and it doesn't look like they list dates yet for this year.

hi everyone, I have been to Disney World a few times but never been to universal. We are looking to book for 2019 and I am swaying more to book for November as I saw that universal have “grinchmas” I absolutely adore the grinch and would love to go during that time. Please could anyone tell me roughly what time of year “grinchmas” begins? Or any other grinch related information that I should know lol! Thanks in advance

Universal's page is pretty sparse but Orlando Informer has a good overview of the holiday events at Universal this year - https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/holidays/

The Grinch Character Breakfast takes place November 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, December 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25.
To book, go here: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ch-and-friends-character-breakfast/index.html

Universal's page is pretty sparse but Orlando Informer has a good overview of the holiday events at Universal this year - https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/holidays/

The Grinch Character Breakfast takes place November 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, December 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25.
To book, go here: https://www.universalorlando.com/we...ch-and-friends-character-breakfast/index.html

Thank you so much! This information is so helpful :flower3:

Grinchmas is fantastic! If you are a fan, it is a definite. We went in early December, so crowds were still low(er) and we booked the earliest Breakfast with the Grinch, and we had nearly 10 minutes with him because there was literally no one else there. Amazing! The show might be blah for some, but as a fan, I thought it was just great. But, the best part for us - every cast member in Seussland played up the part tremendously. Ask them about the Grinch and they completely freak out, so much fun for my kids (and us adults). It started for us as simply asking for directions to the line for the show and turned into a whole different level of interaction

Also, as someone who watched the Macy's day Parade every year growing up, seeing some of the memorabilia around Universal was very cool, and the tree they had (near Jimmy Fallon) was breathtaking. Unfortunately, my kids are a bit older and missing school is a bigger deal now, plus my wife now works in the schools, we are relegated to summer. I would visit every Grinchmas season if I could!

Grinchmas is fantastic! If you are a fan, it is a definite. We went in early December, so crowds were still low(er) and we booked the earliest Breakfast with the Grinch, and we had nearly 10 minutes with him because there was literally no one else there. Amazing! The show might be blah for some, but as a fan, I thought it was just great. But, the best part for us - every cast member in Seussland played up the part tremendously. Ask them about the Grinch and they completely freak out, so much fun for my kids (and us adults). It started for us as simply asking for directions to the line for the show and turned into a whole different level of interaction

Also, as someone who watched the Macy's day Parade every year growing up, seeing some of the memorabilia around Universal was very cool, and the tree they had (near Jimmy Fallon) was breathtaking. Unfortunately, my kids are a bit older and missing school is a bigger deal now, plus my wife now works in the schools, we are relegated to summer. I would visit every Grinchmas season if I could!

Thank you so much for your reply! It has made me really excited about going to see the grinch and the Macy’s Parade :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!