Newbie!

Kirsty Greer

Earning My Ears
Ho everyone from Somerset. I am trying to start thinking about planning our first ever WDW trip in October this year for me, hubby and our girls who will be 12 and 8. We are doing 4 nights at POR at the mo with probably 3 or 4 nights after at a villa or i drive hotel. We wont be buying flights or tickets for a bit as need to save, but we will be going 27th Oct for 7 or 8 nights.

I have the MDE app but are there are other WDW apps that can help with planning? I am a pure type A and love notebooks and spreadsheets so are there any good blank free planning sheets I could download for planning our trip - restaurants, fast passes, must do attractions etc for me to keep track? Any good first timer UK packing lists for slightly older kids rather than toddlers?

Sorry for all the Questions but hubby is focusing on paying fr the trip and I said I would take care of the rest lol. Thanks in advance xxxx
Kirsty xx

Haha by the way my profile says I am 17 and I said I have girls age 12 and 8, clearly the DOB in my profile is incorrect Have emailed admin to amend xx

Hi and welcome!

I’m not sure about any spreadsheets ( i love them too so I just made my own!) but another good planning website other than this one is allears.net . They also have a newsletter you can sign up to.

I booked my flights for Sep a few months ago when i saw a price I was happy with, but I believe virgin have a sale on at the minute so you might pick a bargain up if you look... I wouldn’t leave it too long to book the flights as the price tends to increase.

POR is a lovely resort, you’ll have a great time!

We have been busy tonight reading restaurant menus to plan out ADRS... only a couple of months until we can book them - eek!

Thanks so much for the reply. I will def get on the spreadsheets this weekends. Ooooo thanks for the website tip

Unfortunately Hubby and I are both self employed and work is always slow until March. We will look more into flights and tickets then

So exciting all the planning. Think we will do mainly quick service and possible eat on I drive so not really any ADRs for us. Really want to do some all you can eat buffets when we are staying off site lol. May do one character meal while on site but need to look lol

Thanks again. How do I get a cute countdown ticker like urs. Xx

Also how do I change my profile photo lol x
I think if you head to the top right of the page and click on your user name, there are a load of options in there - one of those should change your picture. Something like personal details?
To get a ticker, click on mine and it will take you to the right website - chose the background and counter that you want and then copy the URL that it gives you. Then go back to the top right of this page, click on your user name again and paste the URL in to your signature box. There is a "technical" page on the forum that will probably give you better instructions!!

Hi Kirsty and :welcome:

I'm sorry but I don't use any spreadsheets as such, I make a list with each day, where we might be going, and add any dining reservations we have or fastpasses we get. When we used MDE for the first time I read about it to get tips on these boards. There is a lot of useful information on here.

Do you know which parks you want to visit, and what else you want to fit in?

if you go onto My Disney Experience there is a section where you can add your daily plans, parks, FP+ shows etc and they can be printed off.

happy planning

the big thing is to make advance reservations for any restaurant meals you want - you can do that up to 180 days in advance..
and when the time comes, your fastpass+ reservations....

all that planning does make a difference when your trip finally rolls around...

and you should get used to using your MDE because you can tweak your FPs on the fly while you're at the parks...
we were able to do that and managed to grab several extra FPs as we went...as well as modify others...

how exciting to be planning your first WDW trip! We went for the first time last year and loved it so much we are returning in Feb 2018. I started planning this second trip in April 2017, and like you, I love the planning bit!

The best advise I can give apart from reading these forums is to binge watch DisUnplugged videos on YouTube. They have the latest news, best and worst lists, tips, reviews and loads more. I learned everything I needed to know to plan a great holiday. I also found plenty of videos out there with WDW packing tips. I keep a notebook with all the great tips as I watch.

The MDE website is great for planning after you book. You can add custom notes to each day to remind you of all the great tips you learn and you can access all your plans and notes on the mobile app.

I also agree that POR is a great resort, we stayed at POFQ and will be returning.

I think if you head to the top right of the page and click on your user name, there are a load of options in there - one of those should change your picture. Something like personal details?
To get a ticker, click on mine and it will take you to the right website - chose the background and counter that you want and then copy the URL that it gives you. Then go back to the top right of this page, click on your user name again and paste the URL in to your signature box. There is a "technical" page on the forum that will probably give you better instructions!!

I was wondering about the ticker too. Thanks for this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter