Newport Beach in October

calena

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=g
We are going to a wedding in Newport Beach in late October - then DL -. What is the beach weather like then? I would guess it is too cold for swimming, just playing in the sand?
Deb

calena said:
We are going to a wedding in Newport Beach in late October - then DL -. What is the beach weather like then? I would guess it is too cold for swimming, just playing in the sand?
Deb

The weather will be lovely, but the water will be chilly. The water is never truly 'warm' because the currents run down from the north, bringing cooler water south. Perfect sand weather, though, and sunsets are magnificent in the fall.

Enjoy! Feel free to PM me if you need any more info about Newport Beach itself.

:sunny:

I concur. Water will be too cold to swim in, but warm enough for you to dip your feet in up to your knees and play with the waves. On the bright side, you'll have perfect weather to stroll through the beach without getting baked to medium rare :goodvibes

Was at Newport Beach a week ago today and it was pretty darn chilly water! That said, I was comfy in a pair of capris and a long sleeve T while hanging out on the beach. We got into the water about knee high, just to be able to say we'd been in the pacific, lol.

Good, gusty wind the whole time we were there. DH and I have been rather spoiled, as we grew up near beaches that were national parks on the east coast and now live 45 minutes from our favorite beach on the gulf coast. The gulf is swimable at this time of year, the pacific sure isn't! :rotfl:

Enjoy, the beach itself was very nice.

Suzanne

Newport Beach is absolutely beautiful. Just playing in the sand and relaxing on the beach is nice! I could sit and watch and listen to the waves all day long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter