News Round Up 2017

Now that is a great idea.

I have the best ideas!

I really love the idea of sitting down in a lounge and enjoying a nice adult beverage. However, being in the WDW bubble with an 8 year old, doesn't always allow much time for that. I really am hoping for quick solo trip with my wife some day. I love my son, and absolutely enjoy the time at Disney together.....but wouldn't mind at least one grown ups night. I don't care if there are other kids around, I just want to stroll around epcot and boardwalk one night. Someday.
:daydreamsquencebegin:

I might be a terrible parent but that's never stopped me before. Of course, mine is 11 and has his own phone/portable game systems so he can sit there and be quiet (read: ignoring me) much easier now than even couple years ago.

Here' the latest map from the Disney site

Odd ... that map has all 3, Ale&Compass, Crew's Cup, and Captain's Grill listed. I though Ale&Compass was taking over one of the other 2? If I understand correctly I think Ale&Compass has taken over the Captain's Grill

And forgot to give my opinion on EA. The Star Wars game division is located on the floor underneath my office. So imagine being a huge SW fan and having to walk by that amazing office with all it's SW murals in the halls and all the full size game figures in the office. Then end up in your boring office with no windows and stark white walls. Sigh.

But I also hate that they buy up smaller, independent game companies and then ruin the games. Not that all EA games are bad, but I have played some truly awful ones and they do seem to stifle creativity. It is a shame that the SW game that was underway is being shelved.
My biggest gripe with EA is the fact they put out consistently lukewarm football games because they have a monopoly on the title. If 2K was able to make football games they’d blow them outta the water

Ale & Compass used to be the name of the Yacht Club lobby bar (it was tiny and had a fireplace I think, right off the yacht club lobby) but now Captain's Grille is being renamed Ale & Compass, the lobby bar is being renamed something like "Ale & Compass Lounge" and the former left half of the gift shop which is now QS in the Yacht Club is "The Market at Ale & Compass" or something... clear as mud.

Crews Cup (with the rowing theme, dark woods, and view into the Yacht Club steak cutting area) seems to be safe, thankfully. They did, however, recently ruin the delicious burger by changing the menu. Hoping the old one comes back when Ale & Compass #3 comes online... :guilty:

Ale & Compass used to be the name of the Yacht Club lobby bar (it was tiny and had a fireplace I think, right off the yacht club lobby) but now Captain's Grille is being renamed Ale & Compass, the lobby bar is being renamed something like "Ale & Compass Lounge" and the former left half of the gift shop which is now QS in the Yacht Club is "The Market at Ale & Compass" or something... clear as mud.

Crews Cup (with the rowing theme, dark woods, and view into the Yacht Club steak cutting area) seems to be safe, thankfully. They did, however, recently ruin the delicious burger by changing the menu. Hoping the old one comes back when Ale & Compass #3 comes online... :guilty:

Thank you...that was my guess as to what's was going on (replacement of the galley...or whatever it's called)...but I was far too lazy to look it up.

Under news of the weird. I just got a create your own figment email from the imagination pavillion in epcot. I created it on our trip in February of 2017. That's quite the back log.
Lol me too, I'm not even sure when this one was from but it's at least back in March

Thank you...that was my guess as to what's was going on (replacement of the galley...or whatever it's called)...but I was far too lazy to look it up.

As I'm sure you surmised from my burger grumbling, I unfortunately had a firsthand experience with the construction mess over at YC. Even having been there myself, the names are hard to sort out. Who approved that?!

"Grandma, meet us at the Ale & Compass"
"I'm standing in front of the Ale & Compass, I don't see you"

Facepalm

Under news of the weird. I just got a create your own figment email from the imagination pavillion in epcot. I created it on our trip in February of 2017. That's quite the back log.

Ours came through too - from January 2017. Now I'm wondering what the receipt timeline will look like for the other dozen my kids made :scared:

Seems ok, and decent # of beers, though nothing super unique. Wish a place like that had some rotating taps though (and maybe they will when it opens) to have some more unique options

Once again a list of many with few styles. Who needs two non belgian made whitbeers?.......or even belgian made for that matter....and please don't put vanilla extract in my porter......just have some droppers for people who want to destroy a good beer with extract flavoring......

As I'm sure you surmised from my burger grumbling, I unfortunately had a firsthand experience with the construction mess over at YC. Even having been there myself, the names are hard to sort out. Who approved that?!

"Grandma, meet us at the Ale & Compass"
"I'm standing in front of the Ale & Compass, I don't see you"

Facepalm

Reminds me of the time I was to meet my friend at a Starbucks at an intersection in NYC ... only to find there were two Starbucks at the same intersection and we were each at one of them

Once again a list of many with few styles. Who needs two non belgian made whitbeers?.......or even belgian made for that matter....and please don't put vanilla extract in my porter......just have some droppers for people who want to destroy a good beer with extract flavoring......

It is a bit odd to have both the Blue Moon and the UFO

I'll give them points for the Crooked Can Kolsch and the Goose Island Sofie though

It is a bit odd to have both the Blue Moon and the UFO

I'll give them points for the Crooked Can Kolsch and the Goose Island Sofie though
Agreed---- again on the styles----- out of 14 beers (I removed the lights and the cider) there are 4 ipa's, one red ale that is made on the west coast so it is an ipa too, (probably closer to what an ipa should be than the other ipa's) 3 wheat beers, (none real hefe's)(Franziskaner please?), 2 lagers, one porter, one kolsch, and farmhouse (thank you)... and I'm missing something...

Great news that the Crews Cup appears to be safe, but it's a shame about the burger. Many an evening while folks were fighting over Beaches&Cream I did the smart thing and headed over to the Crews Cup for a nice quiet burger, fries and beer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter