News Round Up 2017

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I will be interested to see how this impacts the availability of FP for onsite guests. I always thought the 60 day fp window was the best perk for onsite guests.

YEah, I’m not thrilled. Though it’s interesting to me that the benefit of EMH doesn’t require booking through Disney (at least how I read it), and is also limited to a year for now

News

John Skipper (head of ESPN) just resigned due to substance addiction. Just resigned a few weeks ago.

Wow. Did he stay on for a bit after his resignation? He was on Mike and Mike's final show a couple weeks ago and he appeared at an event within the last couple weeks as well.

i think he meant he "re-signed" as in he "signed again" a few weeks ago

The challenge with the same word meaning both "resignation / leaving" and "re-upping/signing a new contract to remain"

Not to offend, but I am not happy about this. I really feel that the 60 day booking window and Early park hours should remain for Disney Resort stays. What is now the advantage for those who spend the big bucks for a Disney resort other than being just a little closer to the action? It is going to be more difficult getting fast passes with off location guests now in the phone pool.

:(

Not to offend, but I am not happy about this. I really feel that the 60 day booking window and Early park hours should remain for Disney Resort stays. What is now the advantage for those who spend the big bucks for a Disney resort other than being just a little closer to the action? It is going to be more difficult getting fast passes with off location guests now in the phone pool.

:(
I was a little upset at first. But then I realized: if Disney wants to make their hotels less of a special place, then maybe I don't need to spend so much to stay there, anymore. I could use reward points to stay at some of those other places...

I was a little upset at first. But then I realized: if Disney wants to make their hotels less of a special place, then maybe I don't need to spend so much to stay there, anymore. I could use reward points to stay at some of those other places...
It looks like you have to book a good neighbor package to take advantage of these offerings at the off site hotels.

It looks like you have to book a good neighbor package to take advantage of these offerings at the off site hotels.

It will be interesting to see if you have to pay a premium price to get the benefits. Like that statement of "good neighbor package". Does that mean you have to book tickets AND DDP as well as the hotel? Might not be that great a deal to stay there.

Do we know how many hotels this encompasses?

It will be interesting to see if you have to pay a premium price to get the benefits. Like that statement of "good neighbor package". Does that mean you have to book tickets AND DDP as well as the hotel? Might not be that great a deal to stay there.

Do we know how many hotels this encompasses?
A package is usually hotel and tickets.

wow, interesting that they get so many of the benefits - are there anything that regular Disney hotels give guests that these won't get? Seems like they even get stuff that guests at the Swolphin don't get

I thought so too, on closer reading it outlines that WDW resort guests get the whole deal and the DS guests will get pretty much what the Swolphin does. As often as I've stayed at the Swolphin I have no idea if they get 180+ since I plan WDW trips a couple of weeks out, not months, more or less 6 months. They don't seem to get MDE or parking. I don't *think* - I'm distracted today.

Serves ESPN right for canceling Barstool Van Talk.

I Love seeing ESPN fail....awful place....except for Fantasy Football....the 06010 is excluded from the awfulness that is ESPN.

I thought so too, on closer reading it outlines that WDW resort guests get the whole deal and the DS guests will get pretty much what the Swolphin does. As often as I've stayed at the Swolphin I have no idea if they get 180+ since I plan WDW trips a couple of weeks out, not months, more or less 6 months. They don't seem to get MDE or parking. I don't *think* - I'm distracted today.

yeah, I saw the DIS updated their story - initially they indicated it include magic bands and the parking and like everything (so at that point it seemed like guests there would get even more than the Swolphin), but they have since updated it to negate that so now it is the same or at least similar tot he Swolphin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter