News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but Pixar Pier has always been a negative for me ever since they announced it.

My opinion...Why did Disney have to ruin a perfect rollercoaster with this? Everything goes by so fast that you can't even tell what you are looking at. Also, it would have been nice if they colored the inside of the tunnels or had some designs on the inside of them. It's just black with a few Incredibles characters plastered on them.

My opinion...California Screamin > Incredicoaster.

He said without riding it.... :tongue:

I kid, I kid. I also loved California Screamin’ and am skeptical but still hoping for the best!

The float looks great! I just wish they had some sort of dancers dedicated to the float before and after.

Agree on bth counts. Float looks great and the Dash effect works pretty well I think. Only think I would like to have seen is a bit more movement with a Jack Jack

Also agree a bit more of a transition between the princesses and their float with some themed dancers would have been good

The new show scenes seem pretty cool but then seems so jarring when you come out of the tunnels and see a boardwalk style coaster structure
I think they tie the rollercoaster in with the story :) That the roller coaster is being opened by the Incredibles and Jack Jack escapes the VIP waiting lounge as he is too short to ride, kinda similar to Maggie in The Simpsons ride except not a simulator :) Apparently the Bob section of the 2nd scream tunnel smells like cookies which is probably an added bonus to being on the ride :)

I've got to be honest -- I don't understand the negativity about the Incredicoaster. I don't see anything jarring or strange about it.

It's a roller coaster -- the ride itself is just as good. How is it being ruined by adding a few Incredibles visuals?

Sometimes it feels like negativity for the sake of it to me, but I'm sure it's because I'm missing something... ... :rolleyes1

I've got to be honest -- I don't understand the negativity about the Incredicoaster. I don't see anything jarring or strange about it.

It's a roller coaster -- the ride itself is just as good. How is it being ruined by adding a few Incredibles visuals?

Sometimes it feels like negativity for the sake of it to me, but I'm sure it's because I'm missing something... ... :rolleyes1
I'm not a fan of the redo. I'll still ride because it's one of my favorites at DLR and it will be the same experience.

For me, it's more about the missed opportunity. All this hubub about an overlay? I'd like something to really be excited about (but that's mostly a personal problem since I'm not excited about SWL).

I'm not a fan of the redo. I'll still ride because it's one of my favorites at DLR and it will be the same experience.

For me, it's more about the missed opportunity. All this hubub about an overlay? I'd like something to really be excited about (but that's mostly a personal problem since I'm not excited about SWL).
I get what you're saying about an overlay being so hyped -- that's out of proportion. I don't understand the complaints about the ride itself, that in essence as a roller coaster stays the same in the most important respects.

I think they tie the rollercoaster in with the story :) That the roller coaster is being opened by the Incredibles and Jack Jack escapes the VIP waiting lounge as he is too short to ride, kinda similar to Maggie in The Simpsons ride except not a simulator :) Apparently the Bob section of the 2nd scream tunnel smells like cookies which is probably an added bonus to being on the ride :)

I am sure it works better in person, just seems odd in the video - and definitely didn't get the full story via the video

Well, obviously haven't ridden it yet - and who knows, maybe never will - so can't fully judge - but in the video it just seems jarring to me to go from seeing the characters in the tubes and then out into the bright sunshine surrounded by a traditional wooden coaster structure and you see other coaster cars going by, etc.

I don't think it ruins it or anything (don't think I said anything at all like that) - California Screamin' was one of my favorite things about DCA, and I am sure it is still a great coaster and ride, just, from what I have seen, don't really like how the added incredibles theming plays out. And to be honest, this was the one part of Pixar Pier I was most looking forward to ... the whole thing just comes off like a cheap overlay to me. Like it is a temporary overlay for the summer - but it isn't

And isn't negativity for the sake of negativity - heck, I often get accused of defending Disney too much and not being critical - but at the same time I don't *have* to like something if I don't

Well a change in theming can easily ruin what was once a great attraction (Test Track, Stitch, and Frozen are three I commonly hear that about and fairly often about Star Tours also) for people, even if the ride itself is unchanged. Disney rides tend to rely heavily on the theming to sell half the ride and when you change it, you change the entire experience. So I think it's a warranted concern, but most haven't been on yet so saying it's ruined is going a little too far.

Last edited:
Well a change in theming can easily ruin what was once a great attraction (Test Track, Stitch, and Frozen are three I commonly hear that about and fairly often about Star Tours also) for people, even if the ride itself is unchanged.
I guess I don't agree when you're talking about a roller coaster -- the rides you state are different -- they're about the story/experience so changing them makes a difference, good or bad. Doesn't change the fundamental ride experience for a roller coaster IMO. I'll leave it at that -- back to news!

I guess I don't agree when you're talking about a roller coaster. Doesn't change the fundamental ride experience IMO. I'll leave it at that -- back to news!

Sure the track itself is exactly the same, but theming does affect your overall ride experience. Take Rock n' Roller Coaster - the track is exactly the same in WDW as in DLP, but the DLP version lacks theming. I enjoy the WDW version a lot more, even though it's exactly the same track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter