News Round Up 2020

There’s word out there on some corners of the internet that if APs take advantage of the deal that they’ll be able to apply the ticket portion to AP renewal. 🤷‍♂️
You can always bridge the ticket cost into an AP. Not sure about a renewal, though.

Our trip is a Bounceback trip on July 20, I am planning on holding my reservation until we see what all is going on. Larger discount? Better ensured safety measures? Free Dining? Not sure what all will go on but it does not make sense to shame anyone perceived as not concerned about Covid over their vacation. I am sure there are a very rare few, but most people don't run around with sharp scissors.

If this things continues to stretch on or I don't view that enough time has passed between reopening and possible reinfections spiking up....then I know there are Bounceback dates in December and we will just try for that instead.

For anyone on Instagram - Joe Rhode has been posting his personal pictures of Animal Kingdom along with some really interesting facts/stories about the design of the land. A nice way to get a park info fix :)

https://www.instagram.com/joerohde/******

Our trip is a Bounceback trip on July 20, I am planning on holding my reservation until we see what all is going on. Larger discount? Better ensured safety measures? Free Dining? Not sure what all will go on but it does not make sense to shame anyone perceived as not concerned about Covid over their vacation. I am sure there are a very rare few, but most people don't run around with sharp scissors.

If this things continues to stretch on or I don't view that enough time has passed between reopening and possible reinfections spiking up....then I know there are Bounceback dates in December and we will just try for that instead.
No shaming. It's been weird to see so much of that on these boards the last 2 weeks. I haven't canceled my May Disneyland trip not because I'm going to go if it's irresponsible to do so, but because miracles happen and we have absolutely no idea what kind of breakthroughs may come. It's insanely unlikely that I'll go but why be proactive about it when there's no benefit to doing so?

I agree and have been very saddened by the shaming that’s been going on lately. There are a few that seem to feel it’s their job to jump from thread to thread squashing people’s hope and spreading gloom—often in a condescending tone. Everyone knows it’s bad out there right now and getting worse but a lot of people are using their Disney planning as a source of hope for a more normal/better time to come...something to look forward to when the world is looking pretty bleak right now. I am sure many will not actually go until it’s safe to do so, but it doesn’t hurt to hope and plan as long as there is a good bit of sense along side it.

Obviously I am sure most of them will survive, but just seeing the numbers, they are putting their money where their mouth is:

• Bob Iger – Forgoing entire salary
  • Bob Chapek – 50% pay cut
  • Executive Vice Presidents – 30% pay cut
  • Senior Vice Presidents – 25% pay cut
  • Vice Presidents – 20% pay cut

According to sources, the pay cuts will go into effect April 5th.

The "shaming" of people during this virus saddens me as much as the virus itself. If you don't stay home ALL the time or feel you need to keep your business open .. or are still planning your summer vacation ... you are somehow "selfish".

But .. I am with you on holding onto my reservation (mid-June) as long as possible to see what happens. I'm going t make my fast passes (if the system allows it) next week and go from there. So I am expecting deeper discounts or some "Please don't cancel" offers .. especially if they announce a paired back experience after they open.

So .. once I know more details about what the WDW experience will look like in mid-June AND what the virus looks like mid-June .. I will make that GO or NO GO decision (probably in mid-May).

No shaming. It's been weird to see so much of that on these boards the last 2 weeks. I haven't canceled my May Disneyland trip not because I'm going to go if it's irresponsible to do so, but because miracles happen and we have absolutely no idea what kind of breakthroughs may come. It's insanely unlikely that I'll go but why be proactive about it when there's no benefit to doing so?
I agree and have been very saddened by the shaming that’s been going on lately. There are a few that seem to feel it’s their job to jump from thread to thread squashing people’s hope and spreading gloom—often in a condescending tone. Everyone knows it’s bad out there right now and getting worse but a lot of people are using their Disney planning as a source of hope for a more normal/better time to come...something to look forward to when the world is looking pretty bleak right now. I am sure many will not actually go until it’s safe to do so, but it doesn’t hurt to hope and plan as long as there is a good bit of sense along side it.

As a travel agent, I and others are trying to keep our clients from cancelling out of fear too soon. This is two-fold, 1) if they wait, they could qualify for specials only available to eligible travelers (like this dining offer) and 2) Disney is protecting (most) commissions on trips affected by this pandemic. We have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into these trips and would like to get paid for the work we have done. Cancelling to early would forfeit any potential commission we have earned.

It'll bounce back. :) always does. just don't cash it out right now. :( My father cashed in a little bit of stock to fix up the living room before all of this broke and we keep joking that he was insider trading. :teeth:

yeah, if you look at the stock market over time there is generally "something" / some sort of sell off every 5 years or so. Now, this one might be worse, but the market has ups and downs and just have to be able to weather them. As long as still some time until needed (sucks for people close to retirement or who need the money like now for college or whatever though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!